~ Tarot Software ~

kayne

Hello fellow Aeclecticans,

I was wondering about your experiences with tarot software.

When I first got interested in designing my own deck I bought a tarot CD ROM, more as a cheap way to look at each of the cards from three very different decks than to actually use for readings. I had a go at using it for readings but just didn't feel... anything for it. It really felt like it was randomly computer generated (which of course it is...) unlike when I do a reading with actual cards which feel like they are coming up because they are supposed to... probably stupid but I certainly didn't warm to the CD ROM.

So, has anyone found Tarot Software that really suits them? What do you think the benefits of it would be? (Are there any?)

btw. The CD ROM I got was only able to be used on the old Windows and Windows95. I may not like some of my first decks but at least I can always use them. :p

Kimon

Hello,

I have several programs for tarot; some do readings, some have just archive functions.
Doing a reading with a program is something I never did and probably will never do. There is just no feeling as there is to physically existing cards in your hands. I do think that it might work quite well with a computer, but I do not like it at all.

Greetings,
Kimon

Original Destiny

Hi I have looked at some software but I find that it doesn't do anything for me...I like to have my cards with me so I can do a reading whenever I like....Can't afford a laptop!...It is about a special relatoinship between me and my cards...software cannot get anywhere near!...for me Tarot software is just for fun and only that...:TFOOL

Minderwiz

Hi,

I have to agree with everyone else. I have a tarot program that does readings and shows quite good pictures of the Rider Waite deck, its not bad and has a reasonable book - indeed it was an 'extra' with the book. However like everyone else I just don't use it for readings. It doesn't have the feel of a deck.

Blessings

Minderwiz

Lion-O

kayne said:
Hello fellow Aeclecticans,

I was wondering about your experiences with tarot software.
The only software I have is a mirror of Joan Bunnings online book 'Learning the Tarot'. I guess its getting boring but I also agree with all the others in here :p. Doing readings using software is not for me, nor will it ever be. The only relation between Tarot and my PC is this forum and said website which I use as reference and learning material. After using the cards for real (especially then IMO) I simply can't take readings on electronical media serious ever again. Its not a simple random factor (an issue at which computers really suck btw, random in a PC doesn't exist) which the PC uses; there is much more to a reading then just that.