Inducing Labor

goddessof1967

kekepania said:
I dont have the oils, other than Rose, I ran out of the lavender as it is such a good anticeptic and my fiance has two young boys. But I do have Lavender to burn. Will that help?
Well clary sage is the most effective one. Can someone run out and get you some?

kekepania

Can't

No one is open that will sell it. Its after 9 at night here, but if the other methods don't work tonight then I will definitely make Daddy go get me some tomorrow. Thanks again/

kekepania

Everyones help

Thank you all again for your information and advise. I will keep everyone posted on my success.

Silverlyn

Thinking of ya today!:) Keep walking and squatting!:)

Mi-Shell

Prayers for good luck and baby magic coming your way!

kekepania

Thank you for your thoughts. Still no baby. I was having very mild contractions last night, but when I woke up this morning nothing. I've done some stimulation, and will keep at it. But I must admit this whole starting and stopping thing is incredibly annoying. Daniel is also picking up some Clary Sage for me today and I will try the aromatherapy as well.

mysticmonkey

If you've lost some of the plug that's a good sign that things might happen sooner rather than later.

My little one didn't fully engage until the last minute. I had a midwife appointment two days before and I think she was 2/5 engaged at the time and the wrong way round still but she seemed to work it out quick enough in the end.
They can't make you have an induction if you don't want to. I doubt you'll last till then anyway but if it came to that you could agree to be monitored but explain your reasons for wanting to wait a little longer for the induction. As others have mentioned already 42 weeks is still considered full term and in France I believe they don't consider intervening until after this point.

Going for a walk (waddle ;) ) can help move things along. Sex as mentioned a) because of the stimulation and b) apparently there's something in the sperm that acts similarly to the gel stuff that they sometimes use to encourage labour.

Raspberry leaf tea (or tablet form) is supposed to help with the second stage of labour making it shorter/more effective. You can take it from 32 weeks into the pregnancy which I think you're over. ;)

As for the position of the baby sitting on one of those inflatable gym balls is supposed to help you keep your pelvis in the right position to encourage bubs to turn properly.
The other suggestion my midwife gave me was to sit on a dinning chair the wrong way round so I was facing the back of the sit leaning forwards slightly.
I basically only used the ball to sit on instead of the sofa for the last couple of weeks.

You probably already know this seeing as you mention wanting an active birth but other than when they need to examine you try and keep off of your back while in labour.
This was something I was planning before hand to avoid but when I had a contraction while laying on my back after the exam it just felt like I was completely out of control whereas squatting or on all fours is a lot better for concentrating your energy but you'll find what works for you at the time.

Good luck!

gregory

catbaloo said:
If you've lost some of the plug that's a good sign that things might happen sooner rather than later.
Indeed ! I also found moving around helped a lot. I was threatened with induction (4 weeks overdue) but as soon as they gave me a date for it, I went into labour. I think my daughter heard and thought NO WAY !

Good luck. They can't make you do anything. Go with how you feel. (But I am told hospital birthing pools are one of the most germridden places going, so you may be well out of that; the best way is apparently a hired one in your home, as they get dried out and disinfected between every use. I believe hospital ones are swilled out but not dried....

goddessof1967

Hang in there Keke, that stop start is very typical of posterior labour. It will kick in eventually. Sleep when it's stopped and encourage it when its there.

Silverlyn

THIS may not be easy: But Try NOT to want to go into Labor, purposely RELAX and try to forget about it for a few hours if you can, but absorbing yourself into a favorite movie or book or conversation with a friend or cleaning the oven, THEN you'll go into Labor, Watch! :D