Tree Tarot (In Progress)

Promise

I've got my order placed and I am so excited!

I just hope that the Minors will be available separately once they're finished; I'd love to have a full deck! I could spend hours just getting lost in the scans from the website. It's so colorful and bold and powerful, and I can't wait to read with it!

SarahRose

I just wanted to say that I got my 8x10 print of the Wheel. It. Is. Gorgeous.

truelighth

I received my limited edition majors of the Tree Tarot and I can tell everyone, it is worth every penny! It is really gorgeous. The box is cute and lovely, the cards are vibrant. All in all a wonderful package and most definately worth it. :thumbsup:
Now I am waiting anxiously for the minors to be finished (and I hope published). :D

la-luna

truelighth said:
I received my limited edition majors of the Tree Tarot and I can tell everyone, it is worth every penny! It is really gorgeous. The box is cute and lovely, the cards are vibrant. All in all a wonderful package and most definately worth it. :thumbsup:
Now I am waiting anxiously for the minors to be finished (and I hope published). :D

Nothing to add to that except: Bravo congrats and keep the good work ongoing

Crescent

anam_chara said:
Here's a pic I took today
of a 3-card layout with my Tree Tarot!
(hand decorated box back center,
booklet in "hand-stand" on left)
:heart:cara

Oh, I just can not wait till this deck is completed!! and I wish I had the money NOW to buy the Majors.......

I continue to wait-patiently.... :)

morticia monroe

Oh wow,,,just wow. How did I miss this? I am a tree-lover to the hilt, and this is just gorgeous.

Dana, I love it!

Promise

I've had some time to really get to know this deck, and I must say that I completely underestimated it. This was my first Majors-only deck, so I was initially a bit concerned about whether or not I would actually be able to use the deck, but it's just so beautiful and so evocative that I can't help but read with it.

For starters, the wooden box my cards came in is just beautiful. From what I understand, each box is unique and painted by hand, and it truly shows. The box alone is a work of art!

The cards themselves are just stunning. The lines are crisp and the colors are so vibrant that they nearly jump off the page. Some cards whisper softly while other speak boldly, all of them uniquely gorgeous in their own way. I love every single card and cannot pick a favorite, although I am very fond of both the Moon and the Star.

For me, this deck was worth every single penny, and if/when the Minors are completed, I'll be chomping at the bit to get my hands on a complete deck. Dana is a truly gifted artist who is able to translate deeply emotive concepts onto paper without losing anything in the process, and that to me is worth more than I can find words for.

adriayna

Thank you everyone! I am working hard on both the limited edition sets and also painting the rest of the majors. I really appriciate your kind words and feedback! It has been so fun painting the different boxes :).

Annabelle asked me for the incense recipe that I use with my cards and that I've been sending out with the limited edition boxes. Here it is:

Tree Divination Incense

The incense was loosely based on one of Cunningham's divination recipes, but with a lot of modifications for the smell and ingredients and effects. I've been working on this blend since starting to paint my Tarot of Trees deck, so about a year now.

The recipe:

1 part frankincense (powder it up with mortar and pestle--I find a circular motion works well for frankincense)
1 part sandalwood (red, powdered -buy it powdered cause its very hard to get that fine otherwise)
1 part cinnamon (powdered)
a few drops sweet orange essential oil - as much as you want. I usually add about 1 drop per teaspoon of incense
1 part crushed jumper berries (crush them up with your mortar and pestle)
1/2 part lemongrass (ground finely)
1/2 part yarrow (ground finely)

Smells great and works well. I've used it with my Tree tarot and also with the ogham to great effect.

adriayna

And I really should give you an update on the deck! lol.

I'm still in "sketching stage" for most of the remaining cards, so no eye candy yet, but the sketching is frankly the hardest part because of the complexity of the cards. I am sketching the remaining swords and cups now. I've also chosen a background for the cups, so the color scheme of the cups is now sort of figured out. I hope to have all the sketches done by the end of the month so I can start painting the rest!

truelighth

Thanks for the update. Great to hear that it is still progressing and you have the colours decided on. I can't wait to see the new cards :).