no cards on hand

Pocono Platypus

hands on

This is all very helpful. I will look at these apps and choose one. "Hands on" is so much better for almost everything -- from baking potatoes to reading Tarot -- but we all use the Internet and I can compensate for electronic abstraction, by doing some kind of grounding exercise whilst selecting the cards ....... Anyway I will give it a try........ Thanks a bunch, as they say in Minnesota, although I live in Santa Barbara, California, and I should add we are three years into a drought and we pray for rain.

celestial

After this posting, I participated in an exchange with CherryBlossom14 where she did two readings, one with facade.com and the other with her own deck. Oddly enough, while the two taken together provided the best overall reading, the facade reading resonated quite well!

TarotFlow

I have 3 tarotapps - its a good way to see if you like the cards, and it's a cheap way to get a deck, but I dont find readings very accurate.
now I use ordinary playing cards (only use them for this)to shuffle and pick the cards and then I interpret the card from the app. for instance, Ace of heart is ace of cups...In app you can also store your reading, which is very useful. I wouldn't use app in reading exchange unless I told it.. I would feel dishonest if I didn't tell.

Wendywu

I got the free LiberaTarot apps, scanned in all my own favourite decks and using the instructions on the LiberaTarot website, I substituted my cards for the ones provided by the apps.

I ended up with my six favourite decks available on my phone or tablet. No interpretations are given unless you deliberately tap the button and it's a great way to carry six decks around at once.

Now I have most of my decks scanned and can swap them for the ones I am currently using so that I can have any of my decks available if I want.

Edited to add: After that I bought several versions of the paid app in sheer gratitude!

AJ

Wendy, could you post a link to the site? Google is giving me nothing today.

I have my five favorite decks scanned, would love to have them on my phone.

gregory

These links should get you sorted :). Laura's first link goes to the site.

Also: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=191186

It is important to use the numbering given in the app's instructions - The Fool must be shown as trumps_01.jpg and not as 0 because if it is 0 the app can't pick it up for some reason.

Have fun! I love this :)

In case anyone is looking at Orphalese and thinking of adding decks (with the paid version you can have as many as you like) the numbering is important there too - though it will see the cards and just put them in a weird order, if you misnumber them. But in both you can set Strength and Justice up the way you want them !

Pocono Platypus

work looks good

http://www.facade.com/tarot/persona...rk?&Deck=rider_waite&Reading=fates&Reverse=on

will I succeed at work? Facade.com, using Rider-Waite, the deck I prefer, gave me these three cards.

Nine of Cups for the past. The World for the present. Am Justice for the Future.

This seems to be a powerful beginning to my work as a greenhouse production manager -- this is a new job, only four weeks now. When I say "greenhouse production manager" I am dressing up the task at hand quite a bit. Actually it's part-time and I am the sole worker, but it is still greenhouse production and management. Mainly it's me and thousands of energetic little vegetables in 4-inch plastic pots. What fun!

So, that's my job. As for reading exchanges, I am not very experienced but I give an honest reaction to what I see. I prefer the Rider-Waite deck, but might want to sample a few others. And I am comfortable with a three-card draw as well, although I would not confine my interpretation to Past-Present-Future, in fact I am seeking another framework for the three-card spread.......

Anyway, this facade.com app seems okay....... I tried the orphalese.com app but my computer had trouble downloading that program.

Obviously I cannot yet post a link from another website -- I need to find out how to do that

purple_scorp

I tried the orphalese.com app but my computer had trouble downloading that program.

Hi Pocono Platypus,

Maybe you should give Orphalese another try. I might be able to help you with the problem you had. Was it on a PC or Mac you were trying to install?

Orphalese 10 has just been released and includes some brilliant new features (including the ability to create Deck subsets, and Deck Collections, and to nominate whether the 8th or 11th Major Tarot Card is Strength or Justice, and that’s just a few). The Menus, Options/Settings and many other windows have been revamped to make it a lot easier to navigate.

If you’re new to Orphalese, then, you’d be interested in some other great features including: the ability to show the Deck as a pile, or in a fanned formation; you can shuffle and/or sort the Deck in a number of ways. The Cards can be dealt Face-up or Face-down. Clicking on the Deck deals the Card, which can then be dragged anywhere on the Desktop. You can create two sets of Card Notes (Little White Book and Personal) and have them display on the screen when you hover the mouse over a Card. You can save the Reading (including Card Notes) and then email it to a friend. This is a great journaling tool for when you are starting on your Tarot journey.

You can create Deck subsets (which is like splitting your Deck into mini Decks). This is awesome if you want to separate the Majors from the Minors and the Wands from the Cups etc; or in Oracle Decks, you can separate the suits. You can create Deck Collections (which is basically a way of grouping Decks). You can load the Collections and/or Subset Decks to the screen at the same time and draw Cards from each. Loading a Deck Collection allows you to deal Cards then, switch to another Deck to see how the same layout looks with the different Cards.

You can even create and save a Spread, using multiple Decks or Subsets. My all-time favourite feature is the Compare Cards Tool, especially important if you are learning the Tarot and want to view the same Card from different Decks so you can get an understanding of how different artists have interpreted the Card.

Orphalese now has an extensive Help website and an Orphalese Facebook page. Plus, there’s some YouTube tutorials on how to use the software.

Barleywine

I like Orphalese because I can pull the individual cards for a spread from the face-down "fan" arrangement, since I don't like having tarot programs hand me a randomly-created spread. I want at least some level of engagement beyond just pushing a single button. I'm using the latest Version 9 since I had spread-editing problems with the beta of version 10.