Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Thrice Armed Hierophant

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Citizen

Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
that dancing figure above looks...quite androgynous.
I suspect the figure is female. She's either making the sign of the Mourning of Isis. Or maybe the intention was to have her holding a sword and balances.
Top   #21
Citizen

Owl Tarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
that dancing figure above looks...quite androgynous. Perhaps it shows how the hierophant likes his men

That one I haven't heard again, mainly because the child there refers to Horus (=a Solar Deity) whose Aeon is the current one (at least Crowley suggests so). My personal understanding about Horus though, is that he is a mainly masculine Deity and Crowley (along with Ancient Egyptian mythoilogy) seems to be more clear about this then about other things (like the inverted benediction sign we are talking about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Thoth
Accordingly, the oriel is diaphanous; before the Manifestor of the Mystery is a hexagram representing the macrocosm. In its centre is a pentagram, representing a dancing male child. This symbolizes the law of the new Aeon of the Child Horns, which has supplanted that Aeon of the “Dying God” which governed the world for two thousand years.
EDIT: If you are referring to the one with the sword, my post refers to the shiny child in the Pentagram.
Top   #22
Citizen

smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418 View Post
I suspect the figure is female. She's either making the sign of the Mourning of Isis. Or maybe the intention was to have her holding a sword and balances.
Oh,ok thanks Aeon. I just looked up the mourning of Isis and the motions looked similar in the hexagram ritual that came up.

Smw
Top   #23
Citizen

smw 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl Tarot View Post

(the inverted benediction sign we are talking about).

EDIT: If you are referring to the one with the sword
I was just trying to nudge the sinister sign off the woman to the other half of the population

Eve blamed for luring Adam into knowingness, poor old deceived Pasiphae (ewww) and the adultery of Set's Wife...hmm... scarlet woman...

smw
Top   #24

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.