Qesheth the Bow & Paths illustrated on the cards?

Grigori

I'm reading Regardie's "The Golden Dawn" as the moment and stumbled across this paragraph.

Regardie said:
Now Qesheth the Bow is the Rainbow of Promise stretched above the earth, whose name is formed from the letters of the Paths leading from Malkuth. If then it be by the Path of Samekh that the Philosophus should advance to the knowledge of the Adept, turning aside neither unto the right hand nor unto the left, whereon are the evil and threatening symbols of Death and the Devil.
(pg 191 original version, pg 95 paperback edition)

The association between Samekh and a Rainbow lead me to the Art card where the arrow is depicted as rising up the rainbow "cloak" of the figure there. I was quite excited to find a graphic in the cards I could relate so distinctly to path working and its "structure". The other one that comes to mind is also the Samekh path, as it appears on the 9 of Wands.

Are there more? Where are they? Does anyone apply this in interesting ways?

Goat of Mendes

Bows and arrows

The Bow and Arrow symbolism of card XIV Art contrasts nicely with card II The Priestess. She bears a bow on her lap and her place on the Tree of Life is directly above Art on the path of gimel.

If you have seen The Priestess card in the Thoth clone, Tarot of Stars Eternal, you will clearly see that her arrows are aimed downwards towards Tiphareth. The Art card symbolises the perfection and balancing of the lower self and it's aspiration towards Tiphareth and the HGA. The Priestess is symbolic of the HGA.

When the aspiration of the lower self is strong and pure enough to fire that arrow the High Priestess/HGA will do the same. Both arrows meet in Tiphareth resulting in the spiritual experience that Crowley symbolically calls the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.