Some Minors

Halloween

I used to have trouble with the court cards. Now I have trouble with a few minors. These especially.

Two of Swords, Wands and Pentacles
Three of Wands
Seven of Pentacles
Ten of Pentacles versus the Ten of Cups- the meanings are similar to me.

Does anyone have any tips? When I read the meanings in my books they make sense. But when I attempt to interpret them in a reading I become perplexed.

Halloween

- Giving this a hopeful bump -

Rosanne

Hi Halloween
Once I tell you how I see these cards- that then becomes part of your repertoire, and as reading skills are so individual, take what you want and discard what you don't.
I use the images like a filing cabinet in my head, and I give them titles.
Three of Wands
Seven of Pentacles
Ten of Pentacles versus the Ten of Cups- the meanings are similar to me

Two Swords: Going No Where Card(well in my head I often see this as a truce, but if I am using RWS - stuck) Blind- can't make up mind- heavy choices-big choices.
Two Coins : The Fan Belt card- the ships in the background, riding the waves up and down.
The fan belt moves (Change- all that is certain is change) and the coins/pentacles are being balanced. In the middle of Change-try to be balanced-as there is goal or port to arrive at-that makes the journey safer and smoother.
Two Wands : Visionary Merchant- be steady in your enthusiasm, hold on to reality. Hold the vision front center to be successful- don't do whatever rashly.
Three Wands: Winner of the Car Race card (I will leave you to work that out )Still steadied but confident of success (Progression from Two)
So I use the image first....then the store of info...then maybe, or lastly the type of deck. In this case it is Christian Mysticism, with possibly some Kabbalah, some occult considerations, numerology etc. Nothing medieval and lots of experience with reading and writing the reading down.
~Rosanne

rwcarter

I used to have trouble with the court cards. Now I have trouble with a few minors. These especially.

Three of Wands
Seven of Pentacles
Ten of Pentacles versus the Ten of Cups- the meanings are similar to me.

Does anyone have any tips? When I read the meanings in my books they make sense. But when I attempt to interpret them in a reading I become perplexed.

There are many threads on each of those cards in the forum index located at the top of the forum....

Richard

SNAFU. Disregard.

Richard

......Ten of Pentacles versus the Ten of Cups- the meanings are similar to me......
Something which may help is that Pentacles are about material possessions and concerns (such as money, the original Tarot Pentacles being Coins). Cups are about feelings or emotions. Ten of Pentacles is about satisfaction and pleasure with ones material success. Ten of Cups is about the general feeling of happiness, not necessarily focussed on material possessions, although there obviously is overlap between the two. The cards can't analyze our life into neat little discrete segments because life doesn't work that way. Everything is interrelated. Accordingly, the significance of the cards may overlap also, but each card has a slightly different nuance of meaning when applied to any given situation.

I could comment on your other questions, but check out Rodney's link to see whether your questions are answered there.

Halloween

Thank yo ufor the tips and links everyone I will make sure to check them out . :)