King of wands

intuitiveinsight

Hi everyone,
Forgive me if this card was not already covered. I was wondering what the symbols mean on the King of wands?
I was able to buy this deck, and sometimes the courte cards stump me!
Blessings,
Intuitiveinsight

Zephyros

I'm not sure what symbols you might be referring to, but those on his throne are salamanders, taken from the Golden Dawn name for him (he also apparently has a pet salamander by his side!). There are also lions there, symbolizing Leo, a fire sign. I can't make out what's on his cloak, though.

re-pete-a

His cloack is made up the same as the throne's backing. The staff has new growths and the background behind the throne has a mount...PCS liked her"Hills of hearts desires" . The crown is like a fire as well.The red attire speaks of passions. The salamander is comfortable with fires. The green shoes and the green shoulder cover also denote a connection to Mother Nature.
For me that symbolises a person in close connection to the land and it's products.

In writing this it's been noticed that the kings of the suits seem to be on stone slabs. This to me symbolises an alter and an alter is where offerings are made. I'm open to further education on this .

re-pete-a

Hi everyone,
Forgive me if this card was not already covered. I was wondering what the symbols mean on the King of wands?
I was able to buy this deck, and sometimes the courte cards stump me!
Blessings,
Intuitiveinsight

Experience has taught me to keep the mind open on cards that stump..Through meditations THINGS attached to these cards that stump surface to expose personal issues. Thus making the cards "speak for themselves"

intuitiveinsight

symbols

Hi, yes what's on the card is what I meant by the symbols or a better word for it, the sceen of the card.
I was not sure if it was discussed in the tarot 101 threads - I didn't see this card mentioned.
Blessings,
Intuitiveinsight

Zephyros

I'm not sure what you mean by the scene; it was adequately described by re-pete-a. I might add that as he symbolized Chochma on the Tree of Life, the Father, he sits facing right. He is Fire of Fire; decisive, "manly," mature, perhaps a leader, even a dictator. He has something in common with the Emperor, both come from Fire.

ETA: I meant to say facing to the left.

re-pete-a

I'm not sure what you mean by the scene; it was adequately described by re-pete-a. I might add that as he symbolized Chochma on the Tree of Life, the Father, he sits facing right. He is Fire of Fire; decisive, "manly," mature, perhaps a leader, even a dictator. He has something in common with the Emperor, both come from Fire.

Thanks for that piece of clarity about the tree of life... It certainly fits the sprouting staff...and your "Manly" fits the picture as well. I confess of ignorance to the studing of the Jewish Tree of life.

Any enlightenment on the "Alter" stone.

rwcarter

There are 20+ indexed threads on the King Wands in the forum index located at the top of the Rider-Waite-Smith forum.

Richard

I'm not sure what symbols you might be referring to, but those on his throne are salamanders, taken from the Golden Dawn name for him (he also apparently has a pet salamander by his side!). There are also lions there, symbolizing Leo, a fire sign. I can't make out what's on his cloak, though.
The circular patterns on the robe appear to be salamanders in my giant Rider-Waite.

Zephyros

The circular patterns on the robe appear to be salamanders in my giant Rider-Waite.

Thank you, I noticed that later. One great thing about Tarot is that it forces you to learn about so many different things with no connection whatsoever to each other. Last night I looked at pictures of salamanders (they're really cute!) and read about why they are connected with fire. Turns out there is little to no reason.