GIANT Waite-Smith

bogiesan

The forum was getting a bit stale so I thought I'd post this:

I recently replaced this cool old deck. I had what must have been the first printing and I gave it away to someone who delighted in using it till the inks wore off and the cardboard disintegrated. I love dragging it to parties. The timeless images simply SCREAM tarot and the huge cards make a great display.

The one now in may hands was obtained from an amazon affiliate and was advertised as "used" but it arrived heatshrinked, sealed and new off the shelf. Bargain price, under US$15.00, but I was actually hoping for a used copy. Seems to be from a Chinese printing run; I can find no faults with the cards deck although they feel much stiffer and glossier than I recall from 10-20 years ago.

US Games once had a glow in the dark version of the Rider pack. The deck was monochromatic, black lines only, and the lines were overprinted or silkscreened with a phosphorescent paint. I had several chances to buy it when it was new but never got around to it. Long out of print now and quite rare (expensive). Sigh.

Richard

I have a printed in China giant Rider-Waite and use it when I meditate on a card. It duplicates most of the shortcomings of the standard Italian printing but is invaluable nonetheless. (I've been slightly spoiled by the relative perfection of the Smith-Waite Centennial, an exquisite Belgian printing of the mini Rider-Waite, and an excellent Belgian-German edition of the Albano-Waite.)