Ancestral Path Study Group - The Fool

BlackWolf

I am glad that there were few responses to my thread. I didn't think anyone would respond. I have looked around the form to see if anyone had this deck. I was kind of surprise to see people wanted to start a group. I think we should start with the court cards first like the other groups.

I guess I could go first......
The Fool card
my key words are.....Beginnings, taking a leap of faith, the state of being untested. using divination to clear a tangled path.
I hope these words will help others in the group.

BlackWolf

fantasymoon

I have never participate in a study group before. But I guess I should just give my point of view on this card?

The first word that comes to mind is innocense. Advancing. Looking into one self.. the mirror is an intressting detail i belive. The mirror is common in scryings, but it is behind her. This makes me to look at the mirror as just a reflection. To reflect on one self.. on the subject at hand purhaps. The card she i sholding also speaks to me about reflection. Looking into one self. It all repeat it self in the card and in the mirror. Hinting about things going round and round until one day one will put down the card and pick up the next one..

(I did good?) :D

annik

I like the idea of the person holding a tarot card. A picture in a picture, for me, is showing that there is some digging to do. Maybe the fool isn't as careless as we think. Maybe the fool had thought well about his action...

animae

fantasymoon said:
This makes me to look at the mirror as just a reflection. To reflect on one self.. on the subject at hand purhaps.

I also noticed the mirrored chair right off the bat as a symbol of self-reflection. This idea matches really well with the choice of purple for the tablecloth and the strong purples in her spread cloth. To me this gives a strong foundation for seeking insight and wisdom in the cards. Also, her pink top is very inviting leading me to believe that we would receive supportive and compassionate readings from this deck. All these ideas may be found in self-reflection and meditating on the type of reading we would like to get or type of reader we would like to be.

fantasymoon

animae said:
I also noticed the mirrored chair right off the bat as a symbol of self-reflection. This idea matches really well with the choice of purple for the tablecloth and the strong purples in her spread cloth. To me this gives a strong foundation for seeking insight and wisdom in the cards. Also, her pink top is very inviting leading me to believe that we would receive supportive and compassionate readings from this deck. All these ideas may be found in self-reflection and meditating on the type of reading we would like to get or type of reader we would like to be.

Hi animae.
You seem to know your colours. So I am curious, what does the colour purpule stand for? Since reading your post here I am seeing purpule everywhere it seems. :)

animae

fantasymoon said:
Hi animae.
You seem to know your colours. So I am curious, what does the colour purpule stand for? Since reading your post here I am seeing purpule everywhere it seems. :)

Hi, Fantasymoon. I don't know all my colors, but purple happens to be one of my favorites, so I always seem to notice it. :grin:

I've read that purples often denote wisdom. I've also seen it as a symbol of royalty and also loyalty (somehow these sometimes go hand in hand. maybe it's showing loyalty to royalty? or maybe because purple has a blue basis). If you look at variations of purple, like indigo, you also get meanings related to wisdom. If you're interested in more color theory, I've found this website gives some good basic meanings.

Sheri

When I saw The Fool card when I got my deck, it just resonated with me and I had no question whether I would be able to connect with the deck.

I immediately thought of my own journey once I discovered Tarot. When I saw that card I saw myself in the place of the woman. I personally believe that that one card has made more of a connection to me than any other card in any other deck I have seen.

valeria :)

fantasymoon

animae said:
Hi, Fantasymoon. I don't know all my colors, but purple happens to be one of my favorites, so I always seem to notice it. :grin:

I've read that purples often denote wisdom. I've also seen it as a symbol of royalty and also loyalty (somehow these sometimes go hand in hand. maybe it's showing loyalty to royalty? or maybe because purple has a blue basis). If you look at variations of purple, like indigo, you also get meanings related to wisdom. If you're interested in more color theory, I've found this website gives some good basic meanings.

Oh thank you so much. I am going to look into to this when time allowe it. This colour thing could be usueful as clues in reading the cards.
Very kind of you animae. :)

MoonInScorpio

The Fool card in this deck never really captured me that much, for some reason. I like the imagery, but nothing grabs me about it. I do love the hanging puppet, tying back to the traditional Fool card though. It's just a cute touch. The mirror, though, is the key to the rash foolish symboligy in the card. Since she is facing away from the mirror, she isn't truly looking into herself, just what she wants to see. It's like she's ignoring the truth and the risks that she is taking, much like the traditional Fool is when he is gazing at the sky instead of the cliff in front of him as he prances right off of it.

Arania

To me, this card always pointed out how little we know, even when we already know so much, or at least think we do.