Any interest for a Liber T study group?

Goat of Mendes

I wouldn't mind joining in too. The Liber T deck is a pretty good Thoth clone with a neat twist.

Scion

Ack! 2 weeks slipped by like water! Must get this off the ground before the summer is upon me and I'm rough drafting in a cabin for 6 weeks.

I'm going to go ahead and open study threads. Since we seem to be an intimate group (and I suspect corrine may join us) how about a separate thread for each of the suits and we can tackle the 2s-10s in each appropriate thread?

I'm going to go open the four threads and then I'll post the links here.

I'm psyched to dig in... :D

Scion

Scion

Threads now up; posting links seems like overkill, but just in case:

LIBER T WANDS
LIBER T CUPS
LIBER T SWORDS
LIBER T SPHERES

... and I can send out my PDF study thing to anyone who doesn't have it and wants to look it over.

I've been doing a lot of digging in the Egyptian elements and mythology (especially those ominous godforms on the various horizons), but I'm still woefully uneducated about this area of iconography. :( I'm gonna send PMs to the people who have posted here... and hopefully we'll all be excavating the Stars Eternal as a team very soon.

Scion

Strange2

Liber T card images

For reference, the following link has images of all the cards in the Liber T deck:

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/337

I've not given this interesting deck enough quality time yet, so thanks for starting the Study group!

AJ

Ok, I have the deck in trade, came today.
Don't have the Scion recommended books yet.
Have Scion's deacons (?) decants (?) but have a quick question which must have an obvious answer...but I'm not finding it in search.

Why no Kings??

Ahh, and they say LWB's are useless :)
In the LWB they are referred to as Knight/Kings
On the cards themselves, they are only listed as Knights. Odd, that.

WolfyJames

AJ said:
Why no Kings??

Ahh, and they say LWB's are useless :)
In the LWB they are referred to as Knight/Kings
On the cards themselves, they are only listed as Knights. Odd, that.

This deck unlike most is a Thoth clone and not a Rider-Waite Smith one. This deck is such a Thoth clone that beside the different art style from the Thoth, the cards are near identical beside the minors being illustrated in the Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal. Want proof? Compare the decks here:

Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal scans

Thoth Tarot scans

You better check out the Thoth Tarot subforum to really understand the Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal. There are a few thread talking about that Knight versus king, court cards confusions there:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16932

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=12692

http://www.llewellynjournal.com/article/387

fferyllt

I've been studying the Liber T with Scion's guide to the decans, and it is so fascinating. I'm particularly interested in trying to figure out how the images relate to Negrini's keywords. Some seem to clearly relate, but with others I don't see what the relationship is. For example, the 7 of Swords has keywords are weakness, impotence, futility, obsession, and the image of the headless person surrounded by heads on the ground really suggests those ideas to me. But what about the figure at the horizon, which Scion says is probably Bes, who among other things is known as a protector of children. How does that relate? I have some ideas, but in other cases I'm stumped, and I was wondering if anyone has any interest in discussing how the images relate to Negrini's keywords?

PeterS

A Personal Break Through?

I really didn't know where else to post this so I thought that this might as well been as good a place as any.

I have been IDSing with the Liber T for months now and was at a place where I was about to accept the fact that I was never going to be able to connect with the small cards. The 2 thru 10 of the suits were just to unapproachable and strange.

Now to save time a course of event led me to consider the Esoteric titles. As a example the 2 of Cups is the Lord of Love.

Then the question hit me. What if the primary figure on the horizon is actually the depiction of the title? So following with example the Wolf-headed serpent would be visually the Lord of Love.

It just began to click with me. There are a few cards do not have a singular dominate figure yet for the most part I think it can work.

I am still working this out but wondered if I am completely off with this idea. So I want some honest opinions. I know that Tarot can work in a wide manner of ways. If I am off base in your opinion let me know.

I think that this approach may just be the hook to move forward with the Liber T after the IDS is over.

Thanks Peter