the empress as an advice card

star-lover

i drew this in the advice position of a 7 card horse shoe spread on an ended relationship because a few things were still niggling me as they do for a good while after soi asked is there anything i should be doing more to put this to bed

i take it as it means look after yourself and spend more time on you and strengthening your independence and femininity and gain from this - kind of self nurturing and having faith in yourself and your intuition and instincts - and go out and get some new clothes and make up and get your hair done and that kind of thing lol

the outcome card was princess of pentacles so kind of confirms that interpretation
does that sound ok?

tia
x
ps i used the cosmic tarot and the other cards for context were (edited to include my interpretations if this gets moved to readings)
past - 3 of pentacles - we were both building it up and up and up despite difficulties - was a good thing in the main and something to believe in/make it work whichever way it could do
present - queen of swords - this is me and the situation - i've cut ties for definite - sad - but had to be done - was right thing to do
hidden - knight of pentacles - perhaps this means that somewhere deep down i still havent totally let go - i dont know - but could also mean stick to my goal/ambition of sorting things practically and getting real?
obstacles/challenge - justice - this was wrong for a lot of reasons and i think i made the right decison - in fact i know i did and i will have to wait and see whether the karma is good or bad
others/environment- 10 of swords - he realises its over in no uncertain terms - he also feels i stabbed him the back and backed him into a corner but i had no choice - i felt i did the right thing for both of us
advice - empress - nurture oneself first but still give love and help if its needed at any time in the future if it comes up
outcome - princess of pentacles - will come out of it having learnt a thing or two and hopefully not repeat the same pattern in the future

BrightEye

star-lover said:
i take it as it means look after yourself and spend more time on you and strengthening your independence and femininity and gain from this - kind of self nurturing and having faith in yourself and your intuition and instincts - and go out and get some new clothes and make up and get your hair done and that kind of thing lol
you're going to get this moved to your readings - i agree with your reading. i've had this card come up in exactly the same context/ position. look after yourself.

Sulis

I like your take on the Empress Star-lover, I recently got her as and advice card too.

I think with The Empress it pays to remember that she is just that too, an empress... She's regal, she's a ruler and she will act accordingly.
She will cope with a situation with grace and diplomacy.. She will rise above petty squabbles and act in a dignified and controlled way... She won't loose her cool..

star-lover

thanks BE and sulis
that empress is a so rounded figure can mean so much
sulis that meaning totally evaded me but youre totally right - that is what i should do in the event of anything further - stay dignified and on higher ground which i will do - dont want no 5 of swords kind of crap anymore
lol
not worth it

thanks
xx

moonbow edited my post so you can move it to readings if need be
thanks x