tower as action/wish etc.

Al Si'ra

I have seen tower meaning to be many things but i am wondering what it means to see tower in action positions or when someone wishes "tower"

i thought it could mean unexpected news it may mean bad news which should somehow be delivered to somebody-bursting out everything in the open for once and for good without thinking of the consequences; breaking down the defenses of the other part..

especially when combined with a rather positive cards such as page of wands..

what would you make out of this card both positve and negative??

:love:
xx

WaterSong

Al Si'ra said:
I have seen tower meaning to be many things but i am wondering what it means to see tower in action positions or when someone wishes "tower"

i thought it could mean unexpected news it may mean bad news which should somehow be delivered to somebody-bursting out everything in the open for once and for good without thinking of the consequences; breaking down the defenses of the other part..

especially when combined with a rather positive cards such as page of wands..

what would you make out of this card both positve and negative??

xx

hello Al Si'ra.....the Tower card does not need to be necessarily "negative"....The Tower signifies and represents radical, deep change, a structure that gets wiped off(either mental, emotional, material), and also a sudden revelation that changes everything.It can represent an ha ha! moment....it can come to signify a sudden truth discovered or revealed, sudden news that bring new light to an issue....and that can be a good thing.Truth usually is a good thing, it may be painful at the moment but good in the long run.

So in the "news" position in may mean a sudden revelation that will bring new light to an issue....the consequences should be shown in the cards sorrounding the Tower card....what kind of news, about what issue or circumstances.

To "wish" the Tower may mean you want to break free from some situation, reveal a truth, a radical change to finally happen....it depends a lot of the other cards.

In a Tower situation there is always deep change happening, things won't be the same as they were internally or externally.

I got the Tower in the "news" position one time....and the next week the company I was working for closed off.
This could look as a "bad" thing...but 3 days after that I received a call for a new job, to actually start the career I went to school for, a wonderful new chapter.

Someone going through a divorce or break up may get the Tower or someone wishing to be "freed" from an oppressive, overgrown relationship
may get the Tower also....
Sometimes we need the the "shakes" that the Tower brings to our lives to make overdue decisions that will promote further growth.....otherwise we stay stuck.

I hope this helped some :)

xoxoox
magenta

Sulis

That they need to let off steam, get something off their chest, blow up at someone...

WalesWoman

Since so often the Tower is something that has imprisoned you, whether is it self imposed or not, it seems like to wish for a Tower would be to break loose from those things that keep you contained or confined, breaking down their walls.

Sometimes it's a wish for all hell to break loose, even if it's just to clear the air and get to the root of the problem. Maybe the wish is that they could break through a wall and find out what is within.

I've been seeing many posts about agoraphobia... I'm sure if someone who suffers from this, the Tower would be a very positive wish, to not fear or have panic attacks at the thought of going outside of the home...

Then there is the whole phallic thing of the Tower and sexual release...

Miren

Since I got the Tower as part of my daily reading this morning, I'm glad to see these different ways of looking at it, I'll have to go back to my journal and see if any of the new ways fit. Since I'm at home, though, I'm kind of expecting someone to blow up. My sister and I haven't been home together in months, so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens. I'll just try to make sure it isn't me.

Al Si'ra

nothing has happened so far regarding this card..i didn't get any news..but i did realize something which is a bit nasty. sort of revelation but i have seen the true face of some friends but it is really good to realize this before something worse happened..

xx

Elnor

The Tower can be seen as negative, because living through it can be very difficult- having illusions shattered, false beliefs destroyed- being left feeling vulnerable and exposed when the walls we thought were secure and protecting come down about our ears.
It's when we come out the other side of it, and look back that we see how beneficial it was- and we walk away from the debris that was imprisioning us.

That's why the Star follows the Tower- hope.
It's a great card.

Elnor