How do you journal your tarot?

Apocalipstick

peace_pixie said:
Keeping a journal is very much about the individual so there is no right or wrong way in keeping one. I remember i once went back to a journal and the last entry was over a year old!
Testify! :D

Imagemaker

Mostly I jot things down on post-its, in whatever notebook is around, on napkins, envelopes, on whatever's handy. I always plan to sort through them at the end of the week

How about glueing/taping them into your journal? Once I went to a more scrapbook kind of journal (after 20+ years of journaling), I felt less pressured to write everything out and the journaling got a lot more fun.

Now they're a hodge-podge of doodles, bright colors, glued-in things and writing. And a total joy to review!

SarahRose

I have two journals - one online at LiveJournal and one paper one. All of my readings get recorded in both. Well, at least I try to. My online one is a little random. Readings done for me are recorded too. I've been really good about keeping up my written one. I have a very hard time writing a journal just for myself. I journal my life, ramblings, etc. in another LiveJournal. Im the type of person that has to have others read my stuff for me to write it. I can't keep a paper journal of my thoughts, etc. for more than 2 or 3 days.

So my paper tarot journal is rather... systematic. I draw the spread, name the deck, time, date, title of the spread, where I found if its in a book, who/what its referencing/question, if Im reading for/about someone else. I write the meanings of the positions and then what cards I get in those positions. I color in the cards depending on what they are (Swords are orange, Wands are pink, Cups are blue, Pentacles are green and Majors are purple) and underline them with those colors so I can glance over and see the trends.

Then I list the number of the card, the meaning of it, what I got and my interpretations of it, but not too lengthy. At the end I write a conclusion kind of paragraph.

Anyankah

It might be more accurate to consider tarot an extension of my journaling rather than journaling being something that I do with tarot; it's a way to get paper to talk back to me and make the conversation a little less one sided.

When I do a reading, I draw it in my journal (it never occurred to me to keep a separate journal for this) and then write down what I think it means as I figure it out. I think more clearly if I'm writing and it's a fairly essential part of the process of reading the cards for me. First I write down the specific things, like these cards mean this, and then I try to summarize the reading.

tarotreader2007

I did journal for a while, and now when I look back on it, it didn't really help me. I'm a person when it comes to tarot anyway, that when I do it, I learn. Writing everything down is a hassle to me. Now though, all the readings that I do are on here! Does that count as a journal? The only thing that I don't keep on here are private pmed readings for people. I delete those because they wish for them to be private.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

kerri28

I have quite a few journals on the go and I even have many files on pc that are journal type docs. My journals are a collection of everything, readings, feelings, visions, events, and then just random things.lol

VGimlet

I am another one with many, many journals.

For tarot, I have two main journals - a 500 page ring-bound journal that has my deck inventory in the back. My latest goal is to use and review one of my tarot or oracle decks in that every week. I also use it for new spread ideas I am trying out.

I also have a smaller 500 page ring-bound notebook the perfect size for my 3 card daily draw, with enough space to go back the next day and comment, and I plan on going back in a year and looking at those.

I also have a diary/journal/scrapbook, a writing journal, and the pet journal.
I write in everything except the pet journal and the big tarot journal every day. I prefer physical journals, although I'd like to someday put my actual tarot inventory in the computer, too, but I haven't quite come up with a template I like.

BLFO

Pet journal? How cute? Do you talk in first person for your pet? [laughs]

I journal my personal spread readings and times I don't. I only do it when I know I would like to evaluate my reading later on. Mostly that is relationship readings, romantic and not that I would like to document and predict in a monthly or seasonal basis.

Daily or weekly readings on finances or work/career I don't journal. But I am making an effort to journal everything.

And I have a personal diary and blog.

Apocalipstick

Imagemaker said:
How about glueing/taping them into your journal?
I tried. Didn't work for me--too involved. A friend of mine journals like this, and indeed her journals are quite fun to see.

A binder keeps things simple and organized, as well as making it easy to add more pages whenever.

And I've become quite attached to the shrubbery of post-its on and around my computer. Like abstract paper flowers, but not as tacky and more useful.

AngelC

I got a bunch too.
One for my daily cards, one for my other readings and one for reading for others.
Then one with the meanings of my cards (RWS) just started another for my Thoth decks and one for those that don't fit either.
Finally I got one with my New Deck readings, the spreads and general information like astrological correspondences, elemental dignities and such.
*counts* That brings it to a total of hmm... seven. But I like order and everything in its proper place.
Still haven't figured out what to do with my VR journal or the upcoming BBC one.

AngelC