Key Cards

firemaiden

LOL Tom, somehow, I just don't see you as an Empress! Much more fitting is the Harumphant. :D

samantha

So, I'm taking the shadow card to mean an aspect of life / the
character that we don't find easy to live with ......but will need to intergrate if we are to get through it (life) successfully ?

In my case this could be so . My shadow card is death , and throughout my life I have found accepting a new life cycle difficult.
This goes back to childhood where "security" was perhaps more
important for me than most.

As to the personality and soul card.........The Emperor !! Hmm, I can relate to his love of organisation , and attention to detail .....but as an overview too stodgy and er , self-satisfied .
I don't think I really understand how to interact with these two cards. Do they reflect what we are , or what we should aspire to ?

Major Tom

samantha said:
I don't think I really understand how to interact with these two cards. Do they reflect what we are , or what we should aspire to ?

A bit of both really. ;)

These cards point you to your strengths and weakness. You can choose to apply this knowledge in your life.

KelarSkye

My cards

My shadow card is The Moon, which is very relevant. This aspect of an interpretation that I love is very on the money with things I have dealth with my whole life:

"The ordeal of the Moon is the last challenge posed by the Major Arcana, in which you must travel in the dark, not knowing for sure if your path is the right one. There is no sunlight to guide you, no distant landmark in the hills to direct your steps, no one to travel alongside. This is a journey that must be made alone, in darkness and without a map or a compass. You must learn to rely on your own inner light to lead you along the true path."

A common saying of mine is that somebody should give me a map because I am tired of walking blindly. Developing intuition is also a theme that has become prominent in my life as well.

My soul and personality card is The Hermit, which is similarly themed. This one aspect of interpretation I have never thought of before and it actually makes The Hermit card less sad to me (I always think of it as sad because I am a social person)... "If you think about it logically, everything you leave behind when you follow the Hermit's call will remain when you return. The only thing that will have changed is you." That is something I will now have to incorporate in my readings. I also like the Hermit aspect of mentors, both having them and being one.

This is a great concept! Thanks!
Kelar

Persephone37

Major Tom said:
If while reducing, you get a number less than 21, that number represents your personality card, otherwise your soul and personality cards are the same.

Your shadow card is the card whose number numerologically reduces to the number of your soul card.

For example, my birth date is 22 August 1955. So I add 2+2+8+1+9+5+5 = 32 „_ 3+2 = 5. This makes my soul and personality card 5 - The Heirophant, and my shadow card 14 - Temperance.

I like the principle of a shadow card, its like in Astrology asc. and dsc. if I am not wrong.

But sorry, this calculation is something I don't understand. Personal card is 1-21 + The Fool imaging it would be no 22 instead of 0 (at least somebody else explained it on AT like this). If the birth date summing goes over 22 you reduce it one time. Copied that. Soul card is the reduced form of the personal card if the personal card was more than one digit. Copied that, too and I understand how you got your personality and soul cards in your case. But that doesn't make it clear how do you get to your shadow card. 32-5=27 and 2+7 is 9. 27-5=22 - so nope, I can't figure out where the 14 comes from.

Regards
Petra