Tendril: Their Will Be Dreams

Ryan

+O+ Actually, you know what - I think I'll just go practice my drawing and kill these updates. Kinda feels like spam. I'll come back in 8 months with something to show for my efforts. +O+

ISS,
RA

canid

Ryan, you did NOT just 'take up drawing', did you? Pinky swear. Your work is amazing, frightening actually, when I think what you're going to be doing NEXT month!

Ryan

Ryan, you did NOT just 'take up drawing', did you? Pinky swear. Your work is amazing, frightening actually, when I think what you're going to be doing NEXT month!

+O+ Lol. No - I've been drawing a long time. I just wasn't technically trained and taught [am re-teaching] myself. I'm trying to break through into new dimensions and snap perspectives over at facebook right now. come check it out. Tendril should be one hell of a tarot. +O+

Ryan

Arcana

+O+ Here is a sketch of one of the new Arcana. It's rough but it should give some idea. My intention is to utilize my new skills in perspective to give better depth to my cards and my newly acquired skills in drawing the human face and form to give them far more realism. Here also then is my latest portrait drawing with significant improvement. +O+

Attachments

• arcana img 23 fb.jpg
    arcana img 23 fb.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 158
  • AF.jpg
    AF.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 149

Cassandra022

+O+ Here is a sketch of one of the new Arcana. It's rough but it should give some idea. My intention is to utilize my new skills in perspective to give better depth to my cards and my newly acquired skills in drawing the human face and form to give them far more realism. Here also then is my latest portrait drawing with significant improvement. +O+

significant improvement indeed! quite nice, that lady is!

merissa_88

Beautiful work! Looking forward to seeing more.

Ryan

Atu II

+O+ While the Sinister can wrench open windows to terrifying realities - it can also be quite beautiful. +O+

Attachments

• tgc 2 001.jpg
    tgc 2 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 156

Alta

Ryan, I am amazed at the strides you have made in expressing your vision for the cards. I understand that faces are the hardest thing to draw, but you have made your AtuII very expressive. I love the level of detail in the cards.

Ryan

+o+

Ryan, I am amazed at the strides you have made in expressing your vision for the cards. I understand that faces are the hardest thing to draw, but you have made your AtuII very expressive. I love the level of detail in the cards.

+O+ Thank you Alta - that's very kind. I think like everyone else here I have a deep love for the Tarot, a fascination with archetypal energies and the ability of the Tarot to act as mirrors of the soul. Sometimes writing walls of text is not as effective as an image or a dozen.
Faces are difficult to draw yes - especially getting a likeness of someone - but to achieve a set that reflects my thoughts on certain matters requires considerable effort. Effort I am willing to go to if it means a better result. It will all be worth it, I think. ;) +O+