Shadowscapes study: The Fool

hemlock

Silver Crow said:
I didn't even notice that tattoo, thanks for pointing it out. I'm ordering the book so I can use the big pictures for my studies. I'm going to have to think about that.

On a side note - I'm working my way through "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" with this deck also and wonder if anyone else has this book? I've used it for other decks and wow, you see so much more on each card when using this book.

I have also just purchased this book & am using this deck to work through. I am using the magician for my study card. I am just at the point where I am trying to work out 3 words for each number. It is certainly a good deck to use for this book!

hunter

The 3 Monkeys remind me of the 3 Wise Monkeys and See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

I like how the book mentions that the fool has a past.

miss-tique

Shadowscape Tarot: The Fool

I'm wondering for days now for possible meanings for the "orbs" you can see at most cards (also on the Fool). I wonder if it's strength or hope, maybe dreams or something like that.

And about the bees, i thought it could be a little warning to foolishness, just like the "wise fox". To me it seems as if the bees are flying to flowers made of stone. So they have flown all this way to something that seemed beautifull from far, but is fake when you look at it better.

What's your opinion on these items?

*missy*

tarotfaith

The Shadowscape fool is probbaly one of the "freest" fool I have see. All set to bungee-jump without the protective cord, very sure she is doing the right thing. The fox clearly seems to be saying.."don't tell me you really think you can fly...". I like the idea about the ribbons being ties...and how the fool is paying no heed to them.

miss-tique said:
And about the bees, i thought it could be a little warning to foolishness, just like the "wise fox". To me it seems as if the bees are flying to flowers made of stone. So they have flown all this way to something that seemed beautifull from far, but is fake when you look at it better.

What's your opinion on these items?

*missy*

Very intresting missy, they seem to asking the fool "are you sure what you are jumping for is real? " ....something like you refuse to see logic when you are head over heels with someone....and later when reality strikes....umm...but at that point you just need to take the chance and find out for yourself

Peregrin

Look at the Fool card, I am drawn to the three monkeys.

Am I mistaken, or do these monkeys have wings? Even if they do, they are not taking flight, not even looking outward.

The monkeys seem to be deep in meditation. Each is contemplating what it holds in its hands: a heart, a flower, a butterfly. Symbols of what? Maybe beauty, transience, innocence.

I see the monkeys as a representation of the deeper wisdom that underlies the fool's impulse to action. Notice that the fool stands directly on one monkey's head, perhaps indicating a link between the monkey's thoughts and the fool's action.

aranarose

Looking at this card, and I'm thinking "Evolution," and the monkeys are reinforcing that from me. It's moving forward, taking a risk, but in taking the risk, it's the chance to change, to grow, to evolve. Moving forward is scary as heck, and sometimes, we just have to jump in and do it.

Sanriet

One of the monkeys has come out of the rocks and is sitting - with a butterfly on its nose - on the Two of Pentacles.

Masa

Since the sun is enthusiasm and vitality, it makes perfect sense that the part of her body that would bear that emblem is her foot.

At first I wondered if perhaps there was a moon on her other foot, where we can't see it, but I've decided I don't think there is. I don't even think there's another sun. Someone with balanced feet wouldn't feel such a need, such an itch to start walking down whatever road lay in front of her.

Masa

After I posted that last night, I got all inspired by it, so I drew a sun on my own foot with pen and colored it in. :p Gosh dang it I love this card.

WolfyJames

I finally got the deck. Seeing this young woman surrounded by birds and with those ribbons that they use to transport her, I'm reminded of a fairy tale. I don't remember the name, but it's about a wicked step mother who has married a king and who transforms his children into birds, except the daughter. She runs away helped by her brothers who transport her in the air, and she learns that the way to save her brothers is to stop talking, and to collect nettles leaves, turn them into fiber, then knot them into shirts. Then of course at some point she bumps into a prince who finds her pretty and wants to marry her, but she cannot talk for the safety of her brothers.

Edit:

Found it!

The Wild Swans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Swans