The Antique Lenormand

Bernice

The KEY (33)... again!

The earlier Key cards just wern't right, I think this is probably The One. I've been able to use a figure from the unknown deck. I changed the clothing, colouring etc., but finally went back to the original.

garmonbozia, I know exactly what you mean about being at the optometrist. The bit that confused me was, "Which is clearer, red or green? Red? Green?... Red? Green?". They are both very clear, the red looks red and the green looks green, but the man persists..... :laugh:

Bee

ETA. Removed previous pics, the image looks better with plain flooring.

Attachments

• The Key.jpg
    The Key.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 134

Bernice

I've altered or changed several cards to keep the images consistant with the directness/sparseness of the unknown deck whilst also trying to keep it within a similar time frame. But as the deck progresses I wonder more and more what Mm. Lenormand had in her minds eye when she named the cards. I suspect that she may have used the items/animals etc. as a mnemonic, because we do know that she spent time pursueing occult teachings/methods in France and England.

Cards altered/changed so far:-
The Coffin
The Ring
The Anchor
The Scythe.

With thanks to Tarot Heart, Moonbow, Garmonbozia, Polyhymnia, Tag Jorrit and other members for their feedback.

Bee.

Polyhymnia

Ohh yes, the new Ring card now has much more the same "feel" as the rest of the cards, which I LOVE. This is a beautiful deck you are creating Bernice!

Bernice

Hi Polyhymnia, it is more in keeping with the other cards - thanks for your feedback.

Belatedly realised I didn't upload three of the altered/changed cards. Here they are.

COFFIN: This one has a butterfly (could'nt resist it this time :)). And there's a reason why the 'cloth' is a veil...
ANCHOR: No historical bits.
SCYTHE: Also realised I haven't uploaded the original of this card.

Bee

Attachments

• Coffin_alt.jpg
    Coffin_alt.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Anchor_alt.jpg
    Anchor_alt.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Scythe-alt.jpg
    Scythe-alt.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 121

Bernice

Sun (31)

I have a problem with this card, or I should say, these four cards :) Cannot decide which to choose. Any ideas welcome. I've uploaded them in pairs.

Bee

Attachments

• Sun x 2_1.jpg
    Sun x 2_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Sun x 2_2.jpg
    Sun x 2_2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 119

Bernice

No comments? Never mind, I have a Sun card now.

I began this deck before I joined AT, almost 5 years ago! The first card I did was the Bouquet which was posted on another forum and one of the members suggested I call the deck The Victorian Post Card Lenormand (since then another deck was created and given that very same name!). This is probably the longest time it's taken for a deck to be completed.

I expect to have the physical deck in my hands for Christmas.

Bee

Moonbow

Wonderful Bee! What an accomplishment!

I've been in Croyde for a thoroughly well deserved holiday so sorry not to have posted earlier.

Too late now but I like the second Sun on the first link, the smiley one. :). And I see that you have gone a bit more traditional with the Coffin and Anchor, dropping the coffin bearers, and the clock on the Anchor. I liked the risks you were taking with the originals but for reading purposes the newer versions would suit a wider audience, and moving the Anchor outside was a good decision.

You must be thrilled with your hard work. :)

Bernice

Hi Moonbow,

Good to here you've enjoyed a holiday. I also preferred the second smiley pic for the Sun, but I now think that the 'smile' is too modern, so although I like it, its had to go. The alternate Coffin and Anchor cards will be included in the deck as 'alternates'.

Mulitiply is closing down it's blog/pics ect and moving to Asia - so I'll not be posting anything there in the future. Will shortly pm you about this deck :).

Bee

merissa_88

Beautiful deck, Bernice! I just discovered this thread. How wonderful that you will be finished by the holidays. Will it be for sale in 2013 or is this a project you are doing for yourself?

FWIW, I like the Sun card with the flowers a little more. It has more of a "Victorian" feel.

tarot heart

Hey, where are you Bee! everything alright? :)