Universal mind oracle deck on kick starter

Belinda2

Hi I just ran across this oracle on Kickstarter. This is a photograph nature deck in which the artist has added stock images. I am thinking about backing it unfortunately I missed the early bird special price so now I will have to pay $35 for the deck . If someone could add the link so others could see it easier that would be great.

Dogs&Coffee

Toats magotes backed it :)

Edit: not going to unback it, but I don't know how I feel about the stretch goals... anyone else?

Belinda2

Just backed it with all its extras

banbha

Toats magotes backed it :)

Edit: not going to unback it, but I don't know how I feel about the stretch goals... anyone else?

The stretch goals are giving me pause...does this mean if they're not met the second ed. will not only have the guide book but also 11 additional cards?

Still 21 days to go and she's almost at her goal.

Gah, the deck is so beautiful but I'm torn. I clicked the 'remind me' button so I can wait and see.

Belinda2

The stretch goals are giving me pause...does this mean if they're not met the second ed. will not only have the guide book but also 11 additional cards?

Still 21 days to go and she's almost at her goal. E

Gah, the deck is so beautiful but I'm torn. I clicked the 'remind me' button so I can wait and see.

She has now made her goal it is now At 100 persent. From my understanding the extra extension cards are some thing she would like to add to the cards if possible but without them the 44 cards are complete. She might sell them for four additional cost or if our goals high enough they'll be as a free gift. As far as a written guidebook going on to surpass the PDF guide and create a written hardcopy guidebook , which we can purchase at later date. Well that is what I got from what she had written. Go ahead and ask her any question, she is very nice and will answer any question you might have.

banbha

She has now made her goal it is now At 100 persent. From my understanding the extra extension cards are some thing she would like to add to the cards if possible but without them the 44 cards are complete. She might sell them for four additional cost or if our goals high enough they'll be as a free gift. As far as a written guidebook going on to surpass the PDF guide and create a written hardcopy guidebook , which we can purchase at later date. Well that is what I got from what she had written. Go ahead and ask her any question, she is very nice and will answer any question you might have.

It seems that if she doesn't make the $10,000 stretch goal the 11 extra cards will not be included in the first edition. I will ask her about that, thanks for idea! :)

banbha

I got in touch with Michelle, the creator of the Universal Mind Oracle, and she was very nice and clear that the 11 new cards would then be available to purchase as an extension around October/November of this year no matter if the stretch goals were met or not.

This was what was most important to me. I didn't want to have to purchase the second edition (in addition to this one!) to get the full deck as it was originally intended. I don't think she is a 100% clear about that on the kickstarter page.

This deck is amazing and really speaks to me. I definitely wanted to support it at this stage and I'm glad that I can now!

Dogs&Coffee

Yeah... I'm just going to go ahead and say it, because there's really no nice way to say it...

I don't think I'm ok with 11 cards being contingent on people crowdfunding above and beyond what is basically a summer vacation.

And then having your original supporters having to buy it separately unless a clearly unobtainable goal is reached (took her 12 days to reach $4.4k)?

And if she's going to include them in the second edition plus gilded edges, what exactly is my motivation to back this deck right now, really?

Honestly, I think if she had just done the 11 local cards and included them in the deck for a complete deck NOW and then updated them to what I have dubbed the "vacation cards" in the second edition, I think she'd be better off as far as good will is concerned, not to mention the selling power of two distinctly different editions (think starchild).

As it stands the whole thing gives me bad vibes... :/

banbha

Well said dogs & coffee. I was just glad to hear I could buy the 11 vacation cards no matter what because I do not believe she could ever reach $10,000 at the rate the kickstarter appears to be going. And I'm sure it's not due to the cards themselves but to the odd and exorbitant stretch goals. ($15,000 to get the cards at no charge)

She told me she'd take the pictures locally if she didn't meet the goal. I suppose she could use stock photography of certain locations too. So it could have indeed been done already.

I missed reading about the gilded edges on the 2nd edition. Hurumff

She's selling this deck in her shop for $55.00 after the Kickstarter. The expansion pack will probably cost $10.00? Have to consider shipping. It makes this deck less of a bargain.