Which deck do you think is the most beautiful?

Lisa Myobun

Il Meneghello's recent printing of the Modrone (Cary-Yale) deck is hands down the most beautiful tarot deck I have ever seen.

I am not ashamed to admit I teared up a little when I opened that box and looked at the cards for the first time.

None of the other Visconti-Sforza repros come close to the beauty of this one. The color is breathtaking.

Hiya! Can you compare this to their older version of the Pierpont Morgan? From looking at images of the two different recent USG facsimile versions of these two decks, it looks like there are some differences in the extant cards, and also I think the Meneghello Cary-Yale only reproduced the extant 67 ... so it's not a full deck...? (USG I think added in 19 replacement cards...)

Thanks! ❤️

ETA - Actually, toodling around a bit more on YouTube... I'm realizing my questions are all pretty much answered by looking at this other video that compares the Visconti Modrone Menghello and US Games versions....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0qcTEIrLqg

EmpyreanKnight

Thanks for that very informative video, Lisa. The Meneghello Modrone is the USG Cary-Yale's aesthetic superior in every way! I already have Lo Scarabeo's lush Golden Visconti, but if I'm of a mind to explore the Visconti further and buy an upscale deck, I don't mind putting up the money for the Meneghello.

BUT the dealbreaker is the number of cards. I mean, just 67 - how would I be able to read with it? Maybe I'll learn to just ignore the mussing cards in the future, but if I were to do a reading with it currently I'd just have a niggling feeling that something's missing if I don't use a full deck. One time tho.

EmpyreanKnight

Come to think of it tho, maybe one can't use it as a majors-only deck since it's missing exactly half of them. But since it seems the Modrone is only missing one pip card and has about 17 Courts, maybe it can be used in PC cartomancy. I just hope each suit has at least 2 male and one female court cards for that to work.

Trogon

I've got to cast my vote for the Gilded Tarot - at least based off decks that I own. It is close enough to the RWS that it took zero effort to read with and the painting is just gorgeous.

Nica

- Daniloff Tarot
- Illuminated Tarot (Mystic Shadows, Starlight, Dark Crystal Rose)
- Ancient Italian Tarot

Morwenna

In my collection, the most beautiful artwork belongs to the Shadowscapes and the Gilded.

But boy, is this thread ever enabling! :bugeyed: