The Sun.....

gloria

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Sun.....

Vincent said:
"The Sun has twelve principal rays which represent the Twelve Signs of the Zodiac. They are alternately waved and salient as symbolising the alternation of the masculine and feminine natures."

(On the subject of the rays, has anyone been able to work out what that strange squiggle alongside one of the rays on the right of the XIX, might be?)

The 11 straight rays to the Sun connect to the physical plane, and the 12 wavy lines to the mental plane. (As well as the feminine/masculine principle.)
The Hebrew letter resh meaning 'face' or 'countenance' is assigned to The Sun. Feelings are expressed via the face.
My personal opinion about the wavy black line is that it is the reversed glyph of resh, if you turn the card upside-down.
I have read somewhere that the Hebrew alphabet is hidden somewhere in Rider Waites trump cards.
Gloria.

TemperanceAngel

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Sun.....

Vincent said:
If you wish to know the divinatory meaning, then Rachel Pollack might be as good as any other writer, but if you wish to know the meaning of the symbols, as Waite intended them, then you will usually have to look further afield.

The thing is, it is not the divinatory meaning or symbols, I am just having a block with the card and it is not the image, but more what is on the 'other side of the fence....'

Does that make sense??

I don't know why this thread was moved? It is RWS card that I am talking about, not another deck....

I do feel there is a breakthrough coming...

XTAX

Kaz

i dont pm ppl to tell them i move a thread they started, i just do it and leave a redirect.
i might have been wrong here in that decision, so i leave it to the moderator here to toss it back to me if they think it should.
firemaiden ???

Inana

The Fence

TemperanceAngel said:
The thing is, it is not the divinatory meaning or symbols, I am just having a block with the card and it is not the image, but more what is on the 'other side of the fence....'
I never questioned this before, but looking at the card now, one of the feelings i get about the fence is: The child is inside of some kind of protected area. As a playground, the garden of a house, or even a park. He feels sure of himself, safe and secure here cause he knows the place and knows nothing can harm him. But outside is the real world, wild, unknown, where the sun can burn oneself, where happiness has another face, where one is not "the king of mambo" to say it somehow.

The sun comes after the moon. Nature vs mankind, chaos vs order. Each one can be viewed on a different side of the fence. Think about the Empress/Emperor pair and after the Moon/Sun to see what i mean.

Another take can be the limits or limitations one finds when trying to expand his/her happines.
Or even you can take this card as your inner child and the fence being the barriers you use to keep it under control or hidden.

I dont know...

firemaiden

The wall is inherited from the Marseilles card. In fact Rusty Neon opened a thread about the Wall in the History Forum: Le Soleil/The Sun -- The Wall.

What is on the other side of the wall? I know, I know... it's...

• "the Other Side..."

TemperanceAngel

firemaiden said:

What is on the other side of the wall? I know, I know... it's...

• "the Other Side..."

I am going to read the thread in full Firemaiden posted....
But for now, my breakthrough has come from the RWS participants....((((thanks))))

It is my shadow card the Sun, so to want to stay in the field of dreams seems resonable, because it's my shadow, and the point is that having the Sun as your shadow card means you need to breakthrough the wall and shine on the other side :) That's part of the lesson.....XTAX

TemperanceAngel

Apologies

How boring, it seems as though it's all about me...

Cosmic Toaster, more cheese please......:D:D:DXTAX

firemaiden

Here Temperance Angel, is a thread I started about "Wall" -- only it was the Nine of Wands -- Wall?

The use of explosives was suggested.

TemperanceAngel

Oh no, I can't believe the Nine of Wands has entered (a lifetime card for me...)
Will be reading tomorrow...yeah I know it never comes, but for me it is Sunday (my husband is working...)
*tap tap tap*
removal is happening of the wall...
*Just like to add my silliness that I am feeling of this, and that Judgement is the same, OH, it really is silly now...
My dreams tonight will bring liberation of the wall ( and I don't live in Berlin, by the way....) XTAX

firemaiden

Oh... another thing, TA, the Sun as "Shadow Card" -- the Tarot is teasing you. ;)