VII Pents: Shoo Sighs?

Dstar

I think his boots are intended to be the same, there is a slight difference between each foot in some versions, but to me this looks like either the artist attempting to show one foot in the shade of the bush/vines, or as has already been said, a printing error. I know I've rambled on about P. Smith's artistic process on other cards, so I won't here. But it's important to remember two things - 1: That the artist and printer could easily have made errors, or unintentionally created detail which we now pick up on as significant. And 2: That even unintentional detail or significance is no less important, because what matters is what we each see when reading.

That said, this is a study discussion on the meanings painted into this particular deck...so there's no harm in debating what was or was not intended.

As for the Pentacle on the floor, I'm not convinced that it's fallen, or just lying on the floor. Perhaps he's picked that one already, perhaps not. Vines can be seen around it, so it's possible that it's growing there. Is it a new growth, the start of another bush full of Pentacles?

I think the angle of his gaze is the key, he doesn't look at the separate Pentacle. He gazes at the healthy bush, perhaps taking too long to admire his prize crop, but does he see the seperate one? Perhaps he needs to stop focusing on what he has already, and look at cultivating new growth? He has his back turned on what looks like fairly baron land. To me this card is a little stagnant, this fellow needs to sow some more seeds and care for his new crops...quick!

D.