2 of cups, temperance

Reverie

Thanks for viewing my post.
This is again about the friend I had an argument with whom I don't speak to anymore. It's been dragging on for a while but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

I asked if he is going to contact me in the future and I came up with...

2 of cups , temperance XIV

Again, 2 cards which are very similar. I seem to be choosing cards which are similar quite a bit having to do with this person (like the knight of cups and death).
Seeing that these 2 cards are positive I think this may mean yes, and if no, things will certainly improve. There is an exchange of some sort in both the 2 of cups and temperance, and the symbol of wings. To me this may mean that something will happen that will "liberate" us. Although I have not talked to him, and he may not feel the same way I do, I'm sure he is not fully "at peace" with himself either, especially when there is not communication going on, he does not know how I feel and vice versa.. I think when things change so abruptly, we may be upset at one another but there are always feelings of regret and guilt on both sides because things did not turn out the way we wanted them to. Maybe the symbol of wings in these cards could mean the end of such feelings. I think this could only be established through communication of some sort, I don't know...

What are your thoughts/interpretations of what these 2 cards could mean?

Grigori

The two of cups has two* people holding out a cup to each other, temperance is shown combining the two cups.

Perhaps this means you both* need to make a move towards each other, so you can be then reconciled (by something greater).

Just an idea. Hope this work out for you.

krazymayj

you need to forgive eachother and move on

Lemniscus

Temperance

Temperance signifies the equal intermixture of elements. The barren landscape to the angel's right is juxtaposed with the flowering irises (Iris, in Greek mythology was a messenger) on his left. On the right however, we can see the sunset/sunrise. I tend to think of this as a sunset, because the next few cards are very dark, though lightening gradually toward the Sun. Don't let this Sun set on your anger. The next card, XV The Devil, reminds us that if we do let our baser instincts take hold, we can lose the sense of control we have over our will and our destiny.

The Two of Cups is Communication of Love. You describe this person as "a friend" even though the two of you don't speak. That says volumes!

Look at the symbol on the angel's chest on the RWS Temperance card. In modern usage, that symbol is the flowchart symbol for a modem. Send your friend an e-mail!

rcb30872

Hi cutiecutie

Temperance, among other things signifies sharing, compromise and cooperation. So I would have to agree with simila here, and to a point krazymayj.

To point out that Two of Cups also points out sharing and compromise as well. So I think that even though the two of you may disagree with certain issues, I think that you may need to make a compromise to the advantage of both of you. Oh by the way, Two of Cups may not necessarily indicate a romantic relationship, but can be in association with friendship as well.

Bec

ArcanoMáximo

Only to noting how this minor arcana card, the 2 Cups, becomes the Mayor Arcana card, the Temperance.
In the first there are two beings sharing from their personal situations.
Isn't bad but maybe not the best also, cause the ideal is be one with the other, in a very intimate relation, even in a friendship one, as the Temperance Angel says.

So, the 2 Cups migth be the cause of the argument. Many authors and readers consider this card one of the best in relation topics. I don't, but is, obviously, a very personal view.

And the question is:

cutiecutie said:
he is going to contact me in the future?

In the first card the cups are not related, but in the TEMPERANCE they really are, through the liquid that flows freely from one to the other.

If you are not already in contact with him, for sure you'll be, but remember the lesson!

Just my 2 cents!

AM*