Twisted 5 of Pentacles

blackroseivy

How weird, Mythos, you've almost exactly described *my* life!! - except, I tend to be covetous of glittering things... :( So, I'm not as good as you are at living in the 5 of Pents. But I'm trying.

mythos

danubhe said:
How weird, Mythos, you've almost exactly described *my* life!! - except, I tend to be covetous of glittering things... :( So, I'm not as good as you are at living in the 5 of Pents. But I'm trying.

Well .... I do have about 5000 books, and decks are a passion .... and then there are the strange and beautiful boxes that I've collected over the years.... I make my own jewellry, but it is not the glittery type ... kind of more ... um, ethnic maybe ... just original mythos stuff. But, at almost 54, that is only 92 point something books a year. Yes ... it is true, I was born with a book in my hand, and a pair of bifocals and a working knowledge of every second hand book shop within reach.

Oops ... silly attack! mythos

wilde-tarot

Waite and Mum!

Hi Guys-here's a different slant-in his Autobiography (Shadows of Life and Thought) Waite tells this wonderful story re he and his Mothers accidental entry into a Church via a open door as they stood in a Church doorway in London escaping Summer Rain-story goes as well that he and his family(Him,Mum and Sister) where poverty stricken and lived a transient existance for his childhood constantly going/moving from location to location rer accommodation -Waite himself was a sickly child-says that Mum put on pretences re their situation when in contact with relatives-thus the Card having Pride issues-so-the longshot of the story is that the card represents Waite and his Mum and their entry into the Church to escape the Summer Rain and Waites induction into the Roman Catholic Church bringing immense comfort to him-anyways-thats my take on the card-doesnt account for his Sister though-I will re read Shadows and give an update-nice thing about the Tarot we all can make it our own!

psychic sue

Just wanted to add that there have been occasions when this card shows up in a spread, that I have advised people to find out what benefits they are entitled to - again referring to help being at hand, but the querant not looking in the right places.

Sue

Babylon_Jasmine

I think this is considered such a bad card because in The Golden Dawn system 5's were always bad cards. This is reflected in Crowley's Thoth deck as well.

rcb30872

Sure the Five of Pentacles has the obvious meaning of poverty or in the terms of relationships that the relationship itself is poor.

But it is not all negative. I tend to think that if you are having problems whether they are financial difficulties or whatever, as long as you can hold on to your self-respect and faith then things will be still bearable although uncomfortable. To me another thing I see, is that there is some sort of sanctuary and shelter available out there if you need it, but you are so wrapped up in feeling sorry for yourself and how badly off you are financially or whatever context that this card is implying for you or the querent,that you can't see that there is help out there for you.

Bec

blackroseivy

Too true!

squeakmo9

my take on it...

I think this card denotes that the querant has found themselves in a draining association or circumstance. Someone or something is proving to be a leech. The falling snow denotes a spiritual experience that strengthens the soul.