78 Weeks: a new study beginning 1st week in November 2005

Cocobird55

I would like to join in, too.

Sue

Strange2

I would love to join in. This has been a very busy, challenging year for me, and I'm looking forward to getting into and being uplifted by Tarot studies.

firemaiden

hmmm, just out of curiosity... why May Day 2007?

jmd

gives a little time just after the 78 week study to be completed :)

mythos

Okay ... I'm confused ... (no rude remarks please).... trying to follow the links to check out the last 78 week thingy, one led me to another, and another and more and more links ... arrgghhh! Anyway, I'm in ... I'm not really sure exactly what it is that I'm in, but its all good I'm sure ... :confused:

mythos ;)

cSpaceDiva

I intend to join in as well. I just have one question....

How, oh how will I decide which deck to use?

ronin

I'm in

Hey i'm from India. is it online. ?

jmd

Ah.. Mythos... I wasn't trying to confuse anyone, but glad to see you followed the trail of the wild goose :D

Basically, the idea is that of course anyone can do their own study of a card a week whenever and however they feel.

Doing it at the same time as others around the world may, however, assist and provide a structure for the many amongst us may feel a little aided by.

Some amongst us may post some reflections in the threads related to it, others amongst us may not - and others still only occasionally post. In the past study, and though I continued with the 78, I only very rarely posted, and the last couple of months only did the study in a more cursory manner than the earlier stages (I gave myself the excuse that I was so busy with other things that I just did not have the time to do it in the manner with which I started... it worked: I believed it! ;)).

As to which deck to use, some used a VARIETY of decks, comparing and contrasting and noting their insights as a result.

It may even lead to valuing a particular deck one has not given as much thought to more deeply (whatever the deck).

Basically, here is what I suggest:
  • Get a journal or equivalent for the study;
  • Mark in a calendar the card to be studied ahead of time - this is especially useful if you normally have a calendar in, for example, the kitchen, as it will simply call to mind the card of the week without much effort;
  • Set aside TWO minutes at the same time each day to reflect on the card - special time for yourself to simply reflect. If you plan to draw a deck, set aside three hours on a particular day each week to actually give yourself time to draw the image;
  • Once a week, set aside (in addition to the two minutes) fifteen minutes to add notes and reflections on the card in your journal or notebook;
  • If you have time and feel so inclined, add some of your principal reflections on the 78 cards threads as we go along...

...and that's it, really!

Guarana

sounds great!

I am also very interested. I hope beginners can also take part...:) I am sure I would learn a lot about trusting my instincts more!

weaver

I would very much like to participate as well. Count me in!

weaver