Unicursal Hexagram

Lillie

Hi Frank.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'work with'. In the case of this card there really isn't that much there.
A red design on a black background.
It just is. Like a force of nature.
I read it as the first thing that comes into my head.
Sometime it's Oh s***!
Sometimes it's Wow!
As I'm sure you know (cos I've said it often) I love this card. It's special to me and I can't really explain why.

prudence

Hi Frank,
Lillie pretty much summed it up for me already. I just accept that some major universal energy is at work in whatever reading/context it turns up. I think it is the kind of thing one musy try before coming to a conclusion about it. Just check it out in a reading for yourself if that's comfortable, and I think you'll see what we mean : )
Astrid

bshore

Sorry to butt in, but I bought a Thoth deck a few years ago (not a green one) and it has no such card. Was this only included in certain editions, or was my deck missing a card? Thanks!

Alta

Hi, It was only included in some editions, by some publishers. Check the thread on Thoth Editions.

Lillie

You should have bought the green one. That had the best hexagram in. (the red one)

Some packs now have a rainbow coloured one.

Parzival

I've got the red and rainbow ones, and they're both mystifying and amazing -- I'm not sure of what they're trying to tell me. So I asked the rainbow one to reveal something of its truth (in meditative fantasy). It replied: " As Above, so below is not so much to truly know. Let your Spirit be the light, your body the dark. Together let them blend into the rainbow's arch. Reach for roots as well as star, don't preach the emptiness who we are. Accept your delightful totality. Neither Heaven nor Earth's partiality."

Lillie

That's so cool.

Thank you for sharing that.

prudence

Frank, that is so beautiful.
Astrid

Edgar

Wow!! And I was using that card to bookmark the book that came with the set.. I feel very ashamed!!.. But thanks to your enlightenment I'm putting the card right back into my deck and will see if I feel comfortable with it?!

northsea

Did they ever release Thoth decks with the UH card in the green-box edition? I received one like that recently, and think the box maybe got switched.