RWS Group: Favorite Card

LeahG

Queen of Wands

That's my favourite card - I love her - i either come up in readings as her or the Queen of Cups depending on my mood

Its my favourite because she is confident, self assured but most of all - she has her naughty black cat at her feet :D

ihcoyc

My favourite cards from the RWS deck are. . . .

The 3 of Swords. Simple, neat, heraldic design. I've always interpreted the three swords as Power, Love, and Freedom, the three wishes that will break your heart.

The Queen of Swords. She looks like Garbo, and I have always imagined Greta Garbo in the role of the Queen of Swords.

Knight of Wands. The knightliest of the Knights, IMO.

The Moon, and the World, for their purity of design.

miranda

Re: Queen of Wands

Kitty said:
That's my favourite card - I love her - i either come up in readings as her or the Queen of Cups depending on my mood

Its my favourite because she is confident, self assured but most of all - she has her naughty black cat at her feet :D

I have a few favorites depending on my mood....

knight of cups.. hes beautiful & always makes me think of my hubby.. my knight in shining armor

strength.. i want to be her

high priestess.... I want to learn her secrets .. well some of them .. some i have no desire to learn

moon... i feel it touches my mooony ..loony feminine nature

the star... well thats one of my ultimate goals in life & sometimes see my self as a *star*

i love most all of them in one way or another.. but there are a few that i really dislike.. my impuls one day after pulling the 3 of pentacles was to actually rip it up!!!

miranda

another thing i always get very pleased when a reading has a large amount of cups ... maybe its due to the fact that im the major water sign & highly emotional...

miranda

ahhhhhhhhhh also how could i ever forget about the EXTREMELY comforting hermit he gives me a safe secure feeling almost when i see him

Natalya

for me it has to be the high priestess. She seems so mysterious.

Ben_jd

The moon.. I don't know what it is about the card... but I have a connection to it.

Oh and I really dislike the three of swords, 3 swords through a heart, I always have to look away for a moment when I see that card. It's probably just me being to personal with my interpretations though.

Chronata

Wow...there are just so many cards I love in this deck for so many different reasons!

Some, for the wonderful symbolism that is "just right" in explaining the meaning...like you know right away what they are all about (like the 5 cups)
...and some for the perfect symbols that define personality (like the Knights)
and others because they allow your subconcious mind to move beyond the symbols and into a more abstract pyschic connection (the Wheel of Fortune, High Priestess, 7 Cups)...

But I would like to share a story, that has made the 9 Swords one of my favorites:

For a while I was teaching seminars and private classes to students wanting to know how to read cards. And most of these classes were for young people, since I started reading before my teens, I always think kids have a wonderful natural ability with Tarot and divination in general.

I always use the Rider-Waite as a teaching tool to start,(because of the huge amount of symbols and visual info) and then allow the students to move on to another deck they respond to.(often a variant of RW, like Hanson Roberts)

I was teaching my first lesson to a young and very serious girl (11 going on 30!) by having her choose cards at random and then telling me a story about what she saw.
Right away, she clued into the 9 of swords, and proceeded to tell me a story about the figure in the bed.

The figure, she said, was the Mother of a man who was injured in a swordfight. (the picture of the fight was on the bed itself,) and the Mother didn't see it for herself, but she was having psychic dreams and nightmares about it.

This was causing her way too much worry.

"Why is it *too* much worry?" I asked her

"Because she doesn't see that God has her covered, that's why the blanket is there.She doesn't need to worry, because worry just makes you sick."

"What about all the swords?"

"Oh those", she smirked, "That's the ladder so she can climb out of being depressed. It will hurt her hands and feet, because she doesn't like to change. But she has to. Otherwise she will be sick, and never leave the bed."

I was amazed at this 11 years olds incredible insight into the human condition, and thanked her for the story. It might not have been the intention of the artist, but it was a great way to describe the meaning of the card!

About that time was when I discovered that I was just as much a student of the tarot as I was a teacher!
And I have always liked the sybolism on this card since that time.

Baby Owl

Chronata, what an awesome story!

I would have to say I like The Fool and his cute little dog as well as the Queen of Wands and her little black cat (I have a little black cat, too). Being a Sagittarius, I do love those wands!

The Fool is so nonchalent, gazing upward while about to walk off the cliff. I think I like the card because I would just once like to be that blissfully unaware of danger. All my life I have been super-conscious of potential pitfalls. In any given situation, I automatically see where problems might arise.

rota

I'll go with the Queen of Pentacles and her bunny, and also the 9 of Pentacles and her snail. Maybe I like girls with pets... I dunno.