Rider Waite?

Blue Butterfly

Sorry..................another Rider Waite thread!

I have spent some time today reading some old threads abouts different types of Rider Waite, but every thread I have looked at I can't find any descriptions that match my front box cover. I apologise if I have missed the thread, a point in the right direction would be appreciated :)

To save me waffling on describing them, I have taken 2 photo's as can be seen on this link;

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb427/BlueButterfly87/

I am very interested if anyone can shed any light or history about this deck. I am currently learning with another deck, but have been given this deck recently which was used by my Grandma when she was alive.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for any helpful hints :)

Warm wishes,
Blue Butterfly xx

Le Fanu

Looks like a later (i.e not 1970s) edition of what is usually called round here the Blue Box RWS. I don't have any further information but it looks like that to me. Maybe late 80s/early 90s? The dating I'm not too sure of but the box and backs suggest it is one of those.

Blue Butterfly

Thank you Le Fanu, that was very quick!

Le Fanu

Others will be able to give more information. I have never had one of those editions, only the older versions. The deck looks as though it was very well loved. You will treasure this deck forever as a reminder of your grandmother.

gregory

I ran with the ISBN - it comes up as a 1994 copy. You can actually buy a used copy on amazon for $20. Nice deck - decent lamination too. Enjoy !

peaceandkarma

You can buy a brand new deck cheaper than that, do some people prefer used Tarot Cards as opposed to new decks?

Cassandra022

You can buy a brand new deck cheaper than that, do some people prefer used Tarot Cards as opposed to new decks?

many recently published decks tend to have heavy lamination/be very glossy/thicker cardstock that some people dislike. so yeah, quite a few people prefer old/used rather than new decks

Abrac

Hi Blue Butterfly. I used to have that deck. The one in your picture looks like it's had some heavy use but I don't think it's that old really. I don't remember a lot of the details but 1994 sounds reasonable enough. It's a bit more rare than some of the other versions but it's not an antique or anything.

roppo

Blue Butterfly, I have the deck and call it "Royal Blue Rider" for the sake of classification.
I place the production year of your deck around 1986-1987 judging from your LWB address "62-65 Chandos Place". The address on my LWB is "20 Vauxhall Bridge Road" and it's a product of circa 1993.

gregory

Blue Butterfly, I have the deck and call it "Royal Blue Rider" for the sake of classification.
I place the production year of your deck around 1986-1987 judging from your LWB address "62-65 Chandos Place". The address on my LWB is "20 Vauxhall Bridge Road" and it's a product of circa 1993.

The ISBN says 1994.... And Rider often seems to have used up old stock of LWBs !!! Like USG, actually !