Swedish Rider Waite

Bhavana

....at least that is what I think the language is - king of cups something like - kung badere (?)
The card images and color look very similar to the ORW, the backs a royal blue with a goldish colored cross. Royal blue box with lid, world card on front and the word "Tarot". There is some writing on the front top side, but it was illegible. Is this a deck that is hard to find? Does anyone know anything about it? I didn't see it on Holly's RW site.

Laura Borealis

Sounds interesting! Do you have a picture or a link?

Debra

"Kung" is "king" in Swedish.

I imagine the Swedish-speaking members will come by once they wake up :)

jema

I got a mini-version of that one, really just a standard RWS with titles in swedish. (not handwritten, i just had to check)
Kung i Bägare I think was the card you refered to.
It is actually my only RWS deck at the moment, nice backs, card stock is good and the miniformat nice for my smaller hands.
If you order an unspecified RWS in sweden, this is most likely what you get.
No copyright notice anywhere on the cards, unfortunately I don't have the box any morebut i do have the LWB and found the isbn:
91-630-6270-4
A E Waite. P Colman Smith Tarot is what it says on the first page of the LWB

Bhavana

Attachments

• swedish RW.jpg
    swedish RW.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 138

jema

well, that is the one I got. Not sure what else I can say about it.

Bhavana

well, that is the one I got. Not sure what else I can say about it.

well, the seller wants $40. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but if it were less, say around $20, I might be tempted.

Laura Borealis

With the ISBN that jema gave, I found the mini at this online store: http://www.adlibris.com/se/

The currency converter I found says 118 kr = 17.34 US dollars. But I don't know what the shipping would be.

Storm82

thats swedish :) "Kung i Bägare" = King of cups

its a very nice deck :)

unfortunatly shipping can cost a lot from sweden (depending where you buy from)