Justice as quint card

Farzon

Hi Farzon!

No, i'm the one that thank you for answering to this and the other thread, specially because of the quint calculation error, i'm sorry.

I'll answer in the other thread about the reading.

Thanks a lot for helping!
It wasn't only your miscalculation... [emoji48]
Take it easy! [emoji56]

Farzon

Hi Sulis!

Yeah, i'll stay in the normal readings, until i got more experience...you right.

I tried to calculate the quint looking the number from 1 to 78, following the order of the deck. ¨6 of cups became the card 46, reduced to 10, so i done the same to the other cards. That was my mistake...
But now i got it, i should do that in the interval of 1 to 22, as appears in the cards.

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the mistake!

Wow complicated! And I already wondered how you could possibly get to 12! It has nothing to do with intervals of 22 either. It's simply the cards face value. Ace is one, two is two etc. Courts don't count.

Dartellus

^ this. Quints can really f*** your readings up. Like every other technique that exists to explain a reading. If you calculate the quint, you also have to look how it fits into the rest of the reading. How the quint card interacts with the other cards. In my experience it mostly shows off what relevance the topic is to your querent. However, I'll give you some general thoughts on Justice....

Balancing things is obvious. I don't like the idea of balance, it can be found in so many cards in different weighs.... we need something more precise. The balance Justice speaks of is a balance of interests. Think of a Judge who has to weigh the motive of the criminals against the law. The strict law against human feelings, the interest of the single individual against the interest of society. In the Justice card we deal with this intellectual balancing. If there is a balance, it is a transient one: a decision had to be made. Also don't forget where the scales originate from: the Egyptian goddess Ma'at who weighs the heart of the dead against a single feather. The scales are not Justice itself, they are simply a tool for decision. The decision is made with the scales and the sword, not with the heart.

Just my first thoughts...

Yeah, at the first i thought that...there is a lot cards that speaks about balance, like 2 of pents, even if there is a different story behind the card. But i got more connected to the scales that i even forgot that the elemental of the card is air.
Now, with you wrote, it does makes more sense to see it as a card as a choice card...this is the second time i hear the justice more as choice, very interesting.

Thanks again for helping!

Sulis

Phew, this thread has got me confused too....

Honestly, stick to reading the cards in the reading and when you have years of experience behind you and the card meanings are like a second language to you that you're fluent in, start adding things in like quint cards.. Those things are meant to help you to go deeper but they're for experienced readers who can read the cards without problems...

In my opinion new readers just get confused when they try to add all of these more advanced techniques into their readings.. There's enough to focus on without added extras..

Ask your question and lay out the cards; I'd suggest 3 cards.
If you really want some added guidance then give the positions in your spread meanings to really help you to focus on what each card is saying:
Past, Present, Future,
Situation, Challenge / Problem, Advice,
Challenge / Problem, Advice, Outcome...
Option 1, Something to consider, option 2
etc, etc, etc...

The variations you can come up with are endless and the fewer cards you use, the more you'll have to focus on each one and the deeper you'll go...
Write down your readings and go back to them often...

Have fun with it :)

Sulis

A note about Justice

I use decks where Justice is at number VIII.. I like using numbers in my readings and 8 / VIII is the number of balance...

Justice for me is often about cause and effect.
It's about looking back at what's gone before that's caused what I'm seeing now.. Everything has consequences and I've found Justice is often about those consequences.. Balancing out previous actions, reaping the rewards (or not) of what's gone before, reaping what's been sown.

It's about being fair too, making decisions without bias.. Justice is often blindfolded; she doesn't see so she's without bias... She holds the Scales of Justice and the Sword of Truth and she is always fair, whether you like the decision she makes or not, it's a fair one (think King Solomon telling the 2 mothers fighting over the baby that the fairest thing to do is to cut the baby in half)....
So if she's there as an advice card she may be advising you to put your feelings, prejudices, pre-conceived ideas about the situation away, be as impartial and as fair as you can..

Hope that helps..

Dartellus

Phew, this thread has got me confused too....

Honestly, stick to reading the cards in the reading and when you have years of experience behind you and the card meanings are like a second language to you that you're fluent in, start adding things in like quint cards.. Those things are meant to help you to go deeper but they're for experienced readers who can read the cards without problems...

In my opinion new readers just get confused when they try to add all of these more advanced techniques into their readings.. There's enough to focus on without added extras..

Ask your question and lay out the cards; I'd suggest 3 cards.
If you really want some added guidance then give the positions in your spread meanings to really help you to focus on what each card is saying:
Past, Present, Future,
Situation, Challenge / Problem, Advice,
Challenge / Problem, Advice, Outcome...
Option 1, Something to consider, option 2
etc, etc, etc...

The variations you can come up with are endless and the fewer cards you use, the more you'll have to focus on each one and the deeper you'll go...
Write down your readings and go back to them often...

Have fun with it :)

Hahahahaha, yeah...this one became confusing.

Thanks for the tips, Sulis. :)

Dartellus

I use decks where Justice is at number VIII.. I like using numbers in my readings and 8 / VIII is the number of balance...

Justice for me is often about cause and effect.
It's about looking back at what's gone before that's caused what I'm seeing now.. Everything has consequences and I've found Justice is often about those consequences.. Balancing out previous actions, reaping the rewards (or not) of what's gone before, reaping what's been sown.

It's about being fair too, making decisions without bias.. Justice is often blindfolded; she doesn't see so she's without bias... She holds the Scales of Justice and the Sword of Truth and she is always fair, whether you like the decision she makes or not, it's a fair one (think King Solomon telling the 2 mothers fighting over the baby that the fairest thing to do is to cut the baby in half)....
So if she's there as an advice card she may be advising you to put your feelings, prejudices, pre-conceived ideas about the situation away, be as impartial and as fair as you can..

Hope that helps..

Hi Sulis!

Yeah, it helped a lot.
I was seeing only the balance side of the card...but the card itself is much more deep than that, as you pointed. I guess the keyword here is...fair, this is the justice card...or one of the biggest keywords about it.

Thanks again!