Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Rob

I just received my Touchstone Tarot LE (418/500) today, and it is absolutely beautiful! It's everything I could have hoped for and more. And the bag is gorgeous too!

I took the deck out just once to look at the number and artwork and then quickly and carefully put everything back into the bag exactly as it was and taped it back up in its original shipping container, to be saved until I feel comfortable moving beyond the Universal Waite on which I'm learning. :) While I had it out, though, I looked through the cards...simply stunning! I'm very happy with it, and the presentation of the whole package was superb! It's truly a treasure.

Best regards,
Rob

Bonnie

Kat's Mum!

She -

How nice to see you here! Your bags are just stunning! One can tell the heart that went into them - just as heart went into the creation of the deck.

I am now off to view your site!

Blessings,
Bonnie

faunabay

Strategeus said:
I took the deck out just once to look at the number and artwork and then quickly and carefully put everything back into the bag exactly as it was and taped it back up in its original shipping container, to be saved until I feel comfortable moving beyond the Universal Waite on which I'm learning. :)
Oh my goodness! Rob, how'd you do that? :bugeyed: Once I got mine and looked through it I had to keep looking through the cards, talking to them, and just playing with them. They feel so nice in my hands!

Rob

Let me just say it was NOT easy! But I'm sticking to my Universal Waite until I'm more advanced...and I would not want any tragic fate to befall this wonderful new deck before I can use it properly. :) I think the trick was that I did it right away without lingering too long and letting myself get attached yet. There's time for that later!

faunabay

You have such strength of will. There are times when I tell myself I'm going to put up my new deck when it gets here.....until I can finish whatever it is I'm doing with another deck.

...........Just never works!! (sigh)

Once it gets here I have to keep it out and play with it. :party:

Rob

faunabay said:
You have such strength of will. There are times when I tell myself I'm going to put up my new deck when it gets here.....until I can finish whatever it is I'm doing with another deck.

...........Just never works!! (sigh)

Once it gets here I have to keep it out and play with it. :party:

It's not so much strength of will as being scared to death of damaging it in any way! Every moment I handle something so rare or special or limited etc., I feel like I'm desecrating it and putting it at great risk of certain destruction, made worse by the fact that it's irreplaceable should tragedy occur.

I still have trouble bringing myself to take out my mass market Universal Waite! I practically have to meditate to calm myself down enough to bring out the cards.

faunabay

Strategeus said:
It's not so much strength of will as being scared to death of damaging it in any way! Every moment I handle something so rare or special or limited etc., I feel like I'm desecrating it and putting it at great risk of certain destruction, made worse by the fact that it's irreplaceable should tragedy occur.

I still have trouble bringing myself to take out my mass market Universal Waite! I practically have to meditate to calm myself down enough to bring out the cards.
Tarot's still new to you. I understand why you're like that. :) I bet you'll get over it though. })

Although to be honest some people never get over not wanting to use their limited edition decks. Like you they're so afraid they'll "ruin" it and not beable to get another one.

I've always been "then why buy it?" LOL I want to use any deck I buy. I love using my limited editon Touchstone. It's still very special to me, but it's made more special by the knowledge I have of it by using it. And there's always the mass market edition that will come out next year. })

minrice

faunabay said:
I've always been "then why buy it?"

Ha, me too faunabay! I've been careful with the Touchstone, but I love to hold it and I rifle it *gasp!* oh horror of horrors!
I was touchy with my very first deck too, but have since gotten past that and while in good shape it is broken in and that is what makes it my very own and special!

catz

This is one deck that I riffle and use.

This is the first deck that riffle and use daily. I really like most everything about it. I ordered it because I wanted to use it an enjoy it. I also use my mother's silver for everyday though..... It's such a great ,talkative, deck.

Kimber

catz said:
This is the first deck that riffle and use daily.

Just a comment - hope it's not too off topic - but does riffling your decks bother anyone else but me?? For some reason I feel like I'm being....disrespectful....by riffling tarot cards like ordinary playing cards. I NEVER riffle my tarot decks!!