A'HA Oracle

Kissa

linnie said:
I'm not really a 'glossy' person :)

I think they feel nice, in fact lots of people comment on the 'feel' of the cards as well as on the 'energy' :). I've had my historical very first sample deck kicking around in my handbag for years, and it's doing very well :)

Oh this is soooo nice to hear! Many ppl here are not "glossy" either and I'm definitely one of them :)

I should have first thanked you for your answer, by the way!

I had one more question about the card backs, but then I found the brand new page about your oracle in "What's new" so no more questions... for now ;-)

About being a small fish in the huge tarot/oracle world, I am a firm believer in "small is beautiful". Many creators now praised all over the world and regarded as tarot "living legends" ;-) started very humbly (word?). For sure, Aeclectic displays many decks but in the end, we remember only a few. From all the decks published every year, only a tiny portion brings something new and fresh to the spiritual world. The oracle world lately has been very much about fortune-telling decks such as different variations of the Lenormand. Your unique "little" deck is a bowl of fresh air and it's growing on many of us :)
Plus there's nothing wrong feeling like a small fish for a Pisces lady :p

It's funny we hear about the A'HA oracle only now since it got published in 2007.

Oh, yes I could ask more about the booklet... Could you tell us more about it? Do you go through each of the 77 cards, explore the symbolism, give some meditation guidance, prayers etc. or is it something else? In the testimonials a lady wrote that she read it from the first to the last page in one time: that doesn't sound like a study book to me, more like a spiritual or self-improvement book.

AJ

Ok, first impressions, I just opened mine.

For those that care, outer box and inner cards were cellophane covered.
The box is a super sturdy one, just the size for the cards and companion book (which is same size as the cards). Each card has it's own page with a postage stamp sized image of the card on the page, all in black and white.

The deck has 77 cards, the first 59 are in black and white, 60-77 are in softly muted colors. Surprisingly the two mix well, probably because Linnie has done a good job in filling each circle space consistently.

The deck is quite close in height to the standard Lo Scarabeo decks and about an inch wider. I think it was this thread where someone asked about trimming, it looks very much like they are trimmable if desired, the back emblem appears to be the same size as the deck images.

There are no keywords, just small white numbers on the bottom of each card. If you cut those numbers off it would be difficult to look the card up in the book. Just saying...

If you use and enjoy oracles, this would be a fine addition to your collection. If you have trouble with oracles you'd probably have the same trouble with this deck...oracle images do not follow tarot rules and you will need to rely on deciding what Linnie's images mean to you at the time you draw them. That is nothing against Linnie's deck, only an observation about what I've seen people here comment about oracles over the years :)

The cardstock is perfect as is the matte finish. There is a scent of ink which I love. This is a high quality publication and Linne is to be congratulated on doing such a fine job on a beautiful and well done deck.

The shipping from Linnie to the US, air, was 15.70 Aussie dollars. She isn't nicking anyone on the shipping if you were wondering about that.

I'm 100% happy with my purchase.

Kissa

Thanks for the review, AJ. Not that I needed some more enabling, I have completely fallen for the deck and the artist already, but AJ's opinion is among those I always listen very carefully to. This chick (pun intended) knows what she's talking about ;-)

K

linnie

oh... I was spending too long on PMs and missed this! :)

Kissa said:
Oh this is soooo nice to hear! Many ppl here are not "glossy" either and I'm definitely one of them :)

I should have first thanked you for your answer, by the way!

I had one more question about the card backs, but then I found the brand new page about your oracle in "What's new" so no more questions... for now ;-)

About being a small fish in the huge tarot/oracle world, I am a firm believer in "small is beautiful". Many creators now praised all over the world and regarded as tarot "living legends" ;-) started very humbly (word?). For sure, Aeclectic displays many decks but in the end, we remember only a few. From all the decks published every year, only a tiny portion brings something new and fresh to the spiritual world. The oracle world lately has been very much about fortune-telling decks such as different variations of the Lenormand. Your unique "little" deck is a bowl of fresh air and it's growing on many of us :)

******* Wow... thank you, that is big praise, Kissa! :)

Plus there's nothing wrong feeling like a small fish for a Pisces lady :p

******* That's very true! :)

It's funny we hear about the A'HA oracle only now since it got published in 2007.

******* You're right... ok a long story, told as briefly as I can manage it... :) I've mentioned in earlier posts, I think, that A'HA is available from about 2 dozen retail outlets all over Australia... mostly "New Age" bookshops etc... I didn't want to go through a distributor originally, because I wanted A'HA to be available through outlets with a 'nice energy'!!! (Linnie the control freak!!!!) :) Later, when I realised how difficult it was doing the marketing all on my own, the distributors said they weren't keen to take on 'single product accounts' meaning me, as I only had one product to offer and they prefer dealing with 'multilpe product' companies, as in Hay House etc, so I continued doing my own marketing.

******* I started selling over the net, by advertising through New Age magazines in Australia, and I also found a 'spiritual' website (like AT but much broader interest base... ie AT is mainly for Tarot/Oracle lovers, yes? And I must have seen AT before, but not really seen it... somehow... divine timing or something???) I realised how much nicer it is dealing with the individuals who want to buy A'HA myself, rather than selling through shops whose owners can't really dedicate time to every A'HA purchaser. I do have favourite outlets, with wonderful people, but they are few... and I like getting to know my customers as people, so, although A'HA has been in existence since 2007, and was printed in early 2008, we've been around, but in a very limited 'sphere of existence'! :)

Oh, yes I could ask more about the booklet... Could you tell us more about it? Do you go through each of the 77 cards, explore the symbolism, give some meditation guidance, prayers etc. or is it something else? In the testimonials a lady wrote that she read it from the first to the last page in one time: that doesn't sound like a study book to me, more like a spiritual or self-improvement book.

******* Ok ... I do go through each of the 77 cards, but do different things for each of them... really, whatever felt right as I was writing the book... If certain thoughts, or quotes flashed into my mind as I was writing the book, I asked why, and if it was relevant, they were mentioned. Some explanations are from my personal experiences ie Grace... that card is about strength in adversity, about graciousness in the face of unapalatable challenge... I thought of my beautiful niece when I was writing that page... because she was the epitome of Grace. :)

******* Some cards might make reference to very helpful guidance that I've received from someone else's book, famous quotes etc... Full Moon Dreaming is about friendship, shared experience, but also about the liberation of not having to talk, about being content and feeling safe in each other's silence etc it is about Anam Cara (yes, I've noticed an ATer with that avatar... good choice... Anam Cara is precious... our soul friend!)

******* Another card was a challenge for me... I love the artwork of most of the cards (there are a couple that aren't as pretty as the others, but I know they serve their purpose in the deck). One card, though, whilst I actually really like its artwork, had me baffled, because instead of just sitting with the virtue, or human condition etc behind it, and asking for the most perfect symbols to illustrate that, I panicked (it must have been because that virtue was still a challenge for me at that time! :) I got into my head about it, and thought "How do I draw that? What symbols could possibly reperesent that?" That's absolutely not how all of the other cards were drawn... and that was the only card which I tore up... I knew it... it wasn't from the same source as the other cards and it didn't have a place in this deck! So, I sat again, emptied my mind, and calmly asked for the most perfect symbols... they came, and I didn't understand them, and had to seek help from a very clear-sighted friend. That story is in the book! :)

******* Really... nothing of A'HA Oracle is meant to be taken as formal study... I read people's books, poetry etc, talk with friends, listen to wise or not so wise people. I've heard and picked up interesting and thought-provoking snippets all through my life, and, whilst drawing and writing A'HA, because I was so completely focused and attuned to the process (really, it was all-consuming), I think I heard flashes of wisdom in the most unlikely places...... So, there's bits of everything in that little book, and the only rule really is to accept as your truth only that which feels right for you... That's all. :)

******* Phew... that was a long answer! ... Thanks for your patience. :)

Not sure how my answers will show up amongst your original quote... hopefully it works that way :)

avalonian

Kissa said:
Even if it reminded me also of the Songs for the Journey Home, the A'HA doesn't feel like a clone of the Songs. It seems (from online pics) less human-centered, more shamanic.

It's difficult to explain how it reminds me of the Songs for the Journey Home, it's not really like it from an artistic point of view, except that both decks have a sort of innocence, or purity. The similarity is more about the feeling both the decks give me, if that makes any sense.

I'm struggling to put this into words, I think the closest I can come to it is that both decks have a really loving energy, like they come from the heart.

:) :) :)

linnie

avalonian said:
It's difficult to explain how it reminds me of the Songs for the Journey Home, it's not really like it from an artistic point of view, except that both decks have a sort of innocence, or purity. The similarity is more about the feeling both the decks give me, if that makes any sense.

I'm struggling to put this into words, I think the closest I can come to it is that both decks have a really loving energy, like they come from the heart.

Thank you, Avalonian!!!! That's so kind of you to feel that from the cards :) I know that is where A'HA was meant to come from, so I'm really, really happy that you can feel it! Wonderful... and now I can go to sleep a contented person!!! (It's very, very late!!!!!... early... sun has just come up... groan... :))

Thank you, too, AJ, for a thorough description of A'HA... and you, Kissa, for your enthusiasm and kind words. :)

Kissa

avalonian said:

I think you nailed it, avalonian :)

linnie

Explaining absence....

Thanks for that, sweet Kissa :) (And Avalonian before you)...

I may be a little quieter for the next week... computer down and don't have a spare up my sleeve... I will check in from time to time... but no chatting, sadly! Be happy if there are oodles of happy chats about A'HA when I get home! :)

Thank you all.... :)

((((((((hug))))))))

Little Hare

Linnie,

How does one order from your website? I can't find a link

x

Sophos

Little Hare said:
Linnie,

How does one order from your website? I can't find a link

x

I think you go to "Order Now" option on the left side menu and then it opens up a page with the deck image and there are 2 buttons, one in each side of the image; one button is for australian customers (on the left) and the other is for non australian customers (on the right of the image).
I hope this helps.