Morgan Greer, glossy Italian printing

Madame Squee

I am so excited! I ordered from Amazon and will receive it today -- a non-glossy, matte finish Morgan Greer! Mark me down as enabled and grateful. :D

MoonGypsy

I am so excited! I ordered from Amazon and will receive it today -- a non-glossy, matte finish Morgan Greer! Mark me down as enabled and grateful. :D

Oh my! How did i ever miss this thread??? :laugh: A China print matte Morgan-Greer?

Oooh, heaven! :thumbsup:

Bhavana

I got my vintage Morgan Press in the mail today - turquoise blue 2 part box, varying patterns of stars on backs - I counted 9 different patterns. Surprised that it is great shape, hardly used....the cards seem so thin and not very laminated, it's a wonder they held up all this time.

Sadly, no LWB (forgot to check about that when i bid on it) and the box lid is broke at 2 corners...but, no funny odors, nice flat clean cards - I can't complain...! I think this is the very first edition?

Now I just need that elusive Italian printing, and the black bordered version if I can find it!

Madame Squee

I'm just getting back to say that I love the printed-in-China Morgan Greer card stock the best of all! It's flexible and perfect for shuffling. It feels like it will last forever, but not plasticky, and no chemical odor.

Not a vintage matte finish, of course, but it's miles away from glossy Italian.

Fabulous colors, too. Popping all over the place!

I wonder if I should order a back-up of my back-up??? :bugeyed:

Le Fanu

Just did these scans of random cards. Left hand side is US games Italian, Right hand side; US games Belgian. Wish I had my 1979 Morgan & Morgan edition but it's not at hand....

Probably there's no perceptible difference and it's all in my imagination but I might as well post them here. The Italian to my eyes (in the flesh) is richer, the Belgian slightly darker...

Attachments

• MGs.jpg
    MGs.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 136

Bhavana

Just did these scans of random cards. Left hand side is US games Italian, Right hand side; US games Belgian. Wish I had my 1979 Morgan & Morgan edition but it's not at hand....

Probably there's no perceptible difference and it's all in my imagination but I might as well post them here. The Italian to my eyes (in the flesh) is richer, the Belgian slightly darker...

I have my 79 Morgan & Morgan at hand (turquoise blue lid box) and the same cards, compared with your scans, are more similar to the Italian - but really, the cards should be photographed with the same camera and the same computer should be used to show all three to really see a clear comparison. When I compare my 79 edition with my China printing, the China printing is much richer in color.

Le Fanu

I have my 79 Morgan & Morgan at hand (turquoise blue lid box) and the same cards, compared with your scans, are more similar to the Italian - but really, the cards should be photographed with the same camera and the same computer should be used to show all three to really see a clear comparison. When I compare my 79 edition with my China printing, the China printing is much richer in color.
Yes, but it was just to have a notion that they might be different. I meant to add that I think the Italian printing isn't as sharp as the Belgian. Have you compared - for example - the fact of the Hermit in various editions. As a general rules - regardless of gloss and slickness - the quality of printing in Printed in Italy editions isn't as sharp. Same with other decks I have compared; Tarot of St Petersburg, Spiral etc

olivia1

I'm just getting back to say that I love the printed-in-China Morgan Greer card stock the best of all! It's flexible and perfect for shuffling. It feels like it will last forever, but not plasticky, and no chemical odor.

Not a vintage matte finish, of course, but it's miles away from glossy Italian.

Fabulous colors, too. Popping all over the place!

I wonder if I should order a back-up of my back-up??? :bugeyed:

where did you order it off from? i want a flexible morgan greer deck that would be as easy to riffle shuffle as my glossy RWS printed in Italy ( I know most people dont like the way it feels but I love it)

Frank S

it also appears that the cards are much thinner...

Not so; I have this deck, and yes, it's like glass but the card stock is fine, in fact better than most... :)

Winterchild

Glass?

I am not sure what mine is.... I got this one around 12 years ago, but I am not sure what happened to the box.... its not like glass though... def not as slippery shiny as the new Archeon..... for example....