Horary Readings Round 8 - Answers

deb99

Have you changed how many posts you can see per page? I'm pretty sure you can change the options to display different numbers of posts per page which may explain why you are seeing a different number of pages for this thread.

I'm all good thanks though! :)

Talulah26

The chart cast has Virgo rising. That makes your significator Mercury. Mercury is in Capricorn in the fifth house of Romance. So I can see that romance is on your mind. The fifth is a good placement by house but Mercury is Peregrine in Capricorn, that is it has no essential dignity at it's present location and therefore it has a low power to act, unless it has support. Support usually would come from it's ruler, in this case Saturn. However Mercury has two relatively weak mutual receptions. The first is by Triplicity with the Moon in Aquarius, and the second is by Face with the Sun, also in Aquarius. Those two planets, especially the Moon might provide useful support.

The possible partner depends on whether you are looking for long term love or simply a short term romance. I'll look at both.

A long term partner would be signified by Jupiter, which happens to be in Virgo in the first house. I have seen Astrologers who take the other person's significator in your first house to indicate that the relationship will happen.

Personally, in a speculative question like this, I would not take that position alone as indicating success. Though it does indicate the likelihood of favourable circumstances.

To be sure, I'd want to see a favourable applying aspect between Mercury and Jupiter. In this case there is a trine aspect between them but it's separating. So I don't see the significators guaranteeing success here.

The Moon is the second possibility. But in Aquarius it is not in a major aspect with either Mercury in Capricorn or Jupiter in Virgo.

So there might be a chance of a long term relatioship but I can't see it as a certainty.

The other possibility for a significator is Saturn, ruler of the fifth house of romance. Saturn is placed in Sagittarius and so does not make a major aspect to Mercury in Capricorn So once again the significators do not guarantee a favourable outcome.

But the Moon does offer some help here. The Moon is your co-signficator in horary questions and, as I pointed out earlier, there is also a mutual reception by triplicity between Moon and Mercury.

In this chart, the Moon's next aspect is to Saturn in Sagittarius and it's a sextile from Aquarius. The sextile offers a very good chance that the the short term romance will happen, especially as there is Reception between them (the Moon is received into Saturn's domicile of Aquarius and therefore Saturn is seen to 'help' the Moon (your co-significator) to achieve the desired outcome.

So, a very good chance of a short term romance (I'd say it was certain) but the long term romance is unlikely.

Thanks this makes sense, iv met someone but not sure where its going, i also might be moving away for awhile and want to travel a bit so long term relationship is unlikely and i dont think i want anything very serious right now, i just got out of a bad relationship a few months ago so i kind of want to ground myself and figure out what i need before i commit myself to anyone. Thanks for the reading it was very interesting.

Minderwiz

I'd like one on my career and hopes for moving into a new job in the next couple months?

The chart I cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is placed in the fourth house, making it angular By sign it's in Capricorn where it is Peregrine, which is a situation which indicates a lack of a power to act, unless it is supproted by another planet. In terms of this reading it indicates that you have little or no power to influence the outcome of this question, even though you are in the right place, at the right time so to speak. Achieving your end depends to a large extent on somebody else (either personal or corporate or simply by circumstances working in your favour).

The job is signified by the MC and the Tenth house. In my chart the tenth house is Cancer, ruled by the Moon and the MC lies in that sign. So the job is signified by the Moon, the ruler of Cancer.

The Moon is als angular in the seventh, which is Aries. The Moon too is Peregrine, the job won't find you unless it has help - that usually is a recruitment agency, job advert, word of mouth, head hunting, or similar actions.

For a positive outcome we really need an applying aspect (which indicates a future event) between your significator (Venus) and the Job's significator (the Moon).

By sign there is a square between Capricorn and Aries, but by degree the separation is quite wide. The Moon being at 7 degrees and Venus being at 23 degrees. The connection between them is weak. To make matters worse the Moon's next aspect is a trine to Saturn, rather than the square to Venus. In effect the trine to Saturn prevents or prohibits the matter being effected. In short the significators ate not going to deliver the job you are looking for.

Venus' next aspect is an opposition to the MC, which like Venus is a significator of the job. However the opposition is the aspect least likely to deliver the desired outcome. The Astrologer, William Lilly said that if it effected the matter, the querent (you in this case) would not like the result. That is you might get what you want but if you did, you would find it not what you expected or really wanted.

So from this chart I don't see you securing a job to your liking in the next six months. If you do find one, you are very unlikely to find it acceptable.

I'm sorry I can't be more positive.

Attachments

• deb99 Feb 2016.jpg
    deb99 Feb 2016.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 273

deb99

The chart I cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is placed in the fourth house, making it angular By sign it's in Capricorn where it is Peregrine, which is a situation which indicates a lack of a power to act, unless it is supproted by another planet. In terms of this reading it indicates that you have little or no power to influence the outcome of this question, even though you are in the right place, at the right time so to speak. Achieving your end depends to a large extent on somebody else (either personal or corporate or simply by circumstances working in your favour).

The job is signified by the MC and the Tenth house. In my chart the tenth house is Cancer, ruled by the Moon and the MC lies in that sign. So the job is signified by the Moon, the ruler of Cancer.

The Moon is als angular in the seventh, which is Aries. The Moon too is Peregrine, the job won't find you unless it has help - that usually is a recruitment agency, job advert, word of mouth, head hunting, or similar actions.

For a positive outcome we really need an applying aspect (which indicates a future event) between your significator (Venus) and the Job's significator (the Moon).

By sign there is a square between Capricorn and Aries, but by degree the separation is quite wide. The Moon being at 7 degrees and Venus being at 23 degrees. The connection between them is weak. To make matters worse the Moon's next aspect is a trine to Saturn, rather than the square to Venus. In effect the trine to Saturn prevents or prohibits the matter being effected. In short the significators ate not going to deliver the job you are looking for.

Venus' next aspect is an opposition to the MC, which like Venus is a significator of the job. However the opposition is the aspect least likely to deliver the desired outcome. The Astrologer, William Lilly said that if it effected the matter, the querent (you in this case) would not like the result. That is you might get what you want but if you did, you would find it not what you expected or really wanted.

So from this chart I don't see you securing a job to your liking in the next six months. If you do find one, you are very unlikely to find it acceptable.

I'm sorry I can't be more positive.

Thanks for the reading, I appreciate it. It does sound pretty gloomy, but I am going to work hard to find a job and hope to prove the reading wrong. :) Thanks!

Ronia

Update

Hi Minderwiz,

Our court date is May 20. Sadly, my ex is determined to take my son and I have to defend. My ex has openly lied in his court documents which I hope to be able to prove. Otherwise, no one knows what the outcome will be, much will depend on which judge we get. This is also first case conference date, not a trial. Three more of those will happen before a trial and each one of them costs thousands of dollars which I don't have. My ex hired a new and much better lawyer too. He is obviously determined to proceed. That's all for now.

For a court case, the general rules are that the two parties (you and your ex) take the first and seventh house. As you asked the question, you get the first, so your significator is the Sun and his is Saturn - which you already know LOL.

If it comes to a court case, we use the eighth for his legal team and the second for yours. So his lawyer(s) are signified by Jupiter, ruler of Pisces on the cusp of the eighth. Your lawyer(s) will be the ruler of the Second, which is Mercury. Jupiter is actually in the second, and is ruled by Mercury but Mercury is in Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter. Both planets are in their Detriments, so neither can be relied on to deliver a good case. Financially, both you and him will probably be losers. The Sun is applying to a conjunction with Mercury, so you will be getting a lawer and getting one quite soon. I'll ignore the Combustion of Mercury because it's necessary that you get the lawyer and getting one is not likely to damage your case.

But the Sun is in the last degree of Scorpio and is also Peregrine. Again I don't see this as a prohibition, it's part of the process here, as is the eventual Conjunction with Saturn - your day in court, or at least your day hammering out a settlement. But being in the last degree and in the Terms of Saturn is not a brilliant position. The conjunction with Saturn will follow the conjunction with Mercury as Mars is swifter than Saturn and will already have made its sextile and passed on. Again I don't see Mars reaching Saturn first as a prohibition or a negative outcome There's at least one way that it could be positive.

The Judge in the case is signified by Lord 10, which is Venus ruler of Taurus. Venus is in its own sign of Libra and the Moon's next aspect is to Venus. But that aspect is an opposition. That might signify a real problem, though it is mitigated by the Moon being in the Terms of Venus. So don't annoy the judge if you want the case to go ahead.

The separating sextile of the Moon and Saturn is most likely to signify the possibility of an out of court settlement, either before the case comes to court or just afterwards. But, looking at Lilly, there seems to be a need for reception for this, to be facilitated without some form of conciliation from a third party. I can see a possibility for that role, if it is needed. Mars, is the Moon's ruler and the Sun's ruler and is in one of Venus' (the Judge) houses

Given that Mars is in Detriment, I wouldn't say that conciliation will be very good but it might be better than nothing.

Mars is also ruler of the fourth house and the end of the matter. Mars' next aspect is indeed to Saturn, but the issue is exactly how Mars is involved in that end of the matter. So I at least offer the scenario that the Judge is more inclined to support your case than your ex but his support for you is likely to bring problems if it goes to court (oppositions rarely deliver what you want) and a conciliation through the Judge's agent might well produce an acceptable end of the matter.

Sun and Saturn are equally weak by essential dignity, both are Peregrine. The Sun has something of an advantage in the future when it changes signs to Sagittarius, as it will become the day time triplicity ruler. But that again is in the future. At the moment the Sun is not in a good way as it's in the Terms of Saturn. He has something of an advantage there. I'd say there is no obvious winner from this chart. Your best hope is conciliation to a settlement that doesn't involve a court case. That's the best solution for him too, as he is no more an obvious winner than you are.

I wouldn't like to come down on the side of one or other party from this chart. I'd say look for conciliation and an out of court settlement.

Minderwiz

As this action is going to be drawn out, you could try individual libraries at each stage but I think the best approach would be to only do one when the battle lines are drawn.

You could, if you wanted, look at each of the preliminary stages through your own chart. So progressions, transits, solar and lunar returns could be used or you could try time lords. It really depends whether the time taken detracts from your attention to the case.

winter garden

The chart cast has Cancer rising, making your significator the Moon. This is placed in the eleventh house, a strong placement, and in Taurus, it's exaltation. So you are in a situation where you have the power and the opportunity to influence the outcome.

You mention romantic relationships and there are generally two kinds that I get asked about. The first is long term relationships, that are akin to marriage. The second are shorter term or less involved relationships more akin to a romance that lasts a few months or so.

I should have asked you to specify but as it's easy to look at both, that's what I will do. I'll start with the long term relationship.

That is a seventh house issue and that means looking at that house and the planets in it. The seventh is ruled by Saturn, which is placed in ths sixth house of Sagittarius. There's no major aspect between Saturn and the Moon, so no sign of them indicating a long term relationship.

However there are two planets in the seventh, Mercury and the Sun. Both of these are in a trine relationship to the Moon, However that trine is a wides separation and most Medieval to Modern Astrologers would use 6 to 10 degrees. Anything beyond that would be seen as out of orb. In this case the separation of Moon to Mercury (the nearest of the two) is just over 14 degrees.

So there's no applying aspect between the two. Even if there were, the Moon's next aspect is an opposition to Mars at 7 degrees Scorpio. So I think a long term relationship is very unlikely.

However whilst the opposition to Mars closes the door to a long term relationship it's not all negative. Mars rules the fifth house and is placed in it. The fifth relates to romance in the sense of short term relationships. So we have a chance of a short term relationship. The problem is that an opposition usually means that when you get what you're looking for, it turns out to be not what you want.

That Moon and Mars are in great essential dignity (exaltation and rulership) and the axis here is one ruled by Venus and Mars, to natural symbols of Woman and Man. Also Moon is in the domicile, triplicity and terms of Venus and Mars is in the triplicity and terms of Venus. Venus is a natural significator of relationships.

That being said, it's not going to be a 'done deal' to get a romance going. There will be great difficulties and you will need to act. Luckily the other party's signifcator is in a similar situation and offer the chance that both of you will act to bring about a short term romance.

If any opposition is likely to deliver, this would be it. But I repeat, it's not a guarantee. Nevertheless it's a lot better than nothing.

Hello Minderwiz,

Now that the three months have passed I wanted to let you know that your prediction about nothing long term love-wise eventuating was unfortunately (for me) correct. I did have some interest, but it was from men only and I am interested in women, and therefore, no romance at all happened during the three months.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read for me!

Minderwiz

I'm sorry to hear that. There are times I hope I'm wrong and this was one. But you are now moving out of that period so I wish you all the fortune for the coming months.

CosmicBeing

The Chart cast has Cancer rising, making your significator the Moon. She is placed in the eighth house of Aquarius. This isn't a good placement by house, as the eighth is one of the four houses (2nd, 6th, 8th and 12th) that are not seen as conducive to business. It's not the best place from which to focus on your career.

The better news is that the Moon is in its own Decan, so it does have some Essential Dignity and even better it is making two useful aspects. The first is to the MC by conjunction. This requires the Moon to change signs into Pisces but that requires a move of only 8 degrees to achieve the conjunction, much less than a day's travel.

The second aspect is a trine to Mars, ruler of the tenth house of Aries. Mars is placed in its own house of Scorpio and the distance to the Trine is ten degrees, again much less than a day's travel and well within the Hellenistic orb of the Moon, which was 13 degrees (its average daily travel). As above, the perfection of this aspect requires the Moon to change signs.

So I think the prospects for career are quite good. There is change on the way and that change must be completed first, but thereafter there should be positive developments in your career.

YES!! Major changes happen in my career. I Abrupt left a major for various reason and I did social searching. I also got a astrology reading and it helped me a bit on my soul searching journey.

So I suppose that could be a change you saw.

Finance, at least in terms of income, is a second house matter, and the second is ruled by the Sun. The Sun is angular in the seventh house (Capricorn) and in his own Decan. Again there is essential dignity but not great dignity. There is a mutally applying trine with Jupiter, the benefic of the chart. Don't expect too much from that aspect as Jupiter is Retrograde in the sign of its Detriment. and that will greatly weaken the good that it can do.

I had a lot of failing in my life recently and well maybe that was outlined there with Jupiter being retrograde and in it's detriment.

So Finance is more problematical. The Sun does rule the Lot of Fortune, so you might have some luck on your side but it doesn't promise a huge improvement in your circumstances, rather its a very modest improvement.

Around fourth of July I won 20 dollars if I remember correctly...at least 15 dollars.

Bit not too much improvement in finance.

The Sun is also in mutual application to Mercury, ruler of the Lot of Spirit. This Lot has special signification for career and social action. It signifies the way that you can influence your environment and your circumstances by your own efforts. So you are very likely to have to be ready to act on your own behalf here. A new or improved career isn't just going to fall into your lap, it will have to be worked for.

Put in the effort and things should work out favourably.

Action was taken....but even after that action i took my time before deciding what to do next. Still at the crossroads I suppose.

Feedback left above. Thank you for the reading.

Ronia

The Moon is alwasy available as a co-significator for the querent (unless she is specifically the Lord 1 or Lord of the quesited.) Therefore in this horary I'd take the Moon as a significator for you. Its sextile to Venus (its next aspect) therefore brings you to him. The matter should perfect because as well as the sextile by sign there's also Reception between Mars and Venus (Mars is in the Triplicity of Venus and Venus is in the Exaltation of Mars.) The Moon is co-present with it's ruler Mars (You and it's next aspect is to Venus (him) but it's the Moon's role as your co-significator that completes a favourable situation.

If the Moon had aspected Sun before Venus then it would prohibit the relationship, as the Sun is not a significator of either him or you.

Your PS implies that religious or legal systems define marriage. Yes, both of those statements can be true but there's a third way of looking at marriage - that of a long term commitment between two people who love each other.

One of the things I like about Hellenistic Astrology is that it recognises all three possibilities and you will find Lots of Marriage based on each of those views. Therefore I don't think the Ancients looked at marriage solely in the ways you cite. Yes, some of them did. Certainly Arabic and Christian Astrologers seem to take that as almost exclusive but I don't think that has to be done and you can include the 'love union' in your definition.

Incidentally the three views are not mutually exclusive. You can combine any two or all three if you want.

Minderwiz, it's been more than 6 months and nothing. We still have contact through work but nothing else. It was a beautiful chart and I'm puzzled. May be it will take longer.