Dreaming about loved ones who have passed.

Kosjitov

Hi Melisandre. I know this thread is old but t I would like to add my own experience.

I have dreamt of the deceased before... And on occasion knew before one crossed over due to their appearance with those I knew to be deceased. I do firmly believe that we commune with those that have passed on when the need arises. It is not often a pressing need comes into play. But I do very much believe you spoke with your family member. As it was said to me: the dead do not change. Those is dealt with remained in death as they were in life... Morally supportive, loving, and their presence was calming. If these were the topics you normally spoke of then it confirms their identity and existence to you.

Best of luck.

WyrdRaven

It is when we are dreaming, or close to death, that departed ones are most able to communicate with us, and to be seen by us. The rest of the time, waking reality and conscious mind interfere. I have had visits from my dear aunt and two cherished pets. I have never recieved a visit from my grandmother, with whom I was very close, and that surprises me. On the other hand, my great-grandmother, who is my inspiration but whom I never knew, made an appearance one night. I'm not sure what laws govern their ability to come to us in dreams, but I am sure that our ability to percieve them is a factor. Maybe some have more "strength" to come through than others.

celticnoodle

glad this thread has still been getting responses, as I had forgotten about this. I found out why my hubby's grandmother came to me.
In fact, my husbands dear departed grandmother came to me last night while I slept. At first, I didn't even recognize her and wondered who she was--till she came up close to me. I think this is the first time she ever came to me. She didn't talk at all--just stood in front of me, looking at me. I asked her a question, but she never answered me. however, upon waking, I got the distinct impression that she wanted to tell me something but was not able to do so. I am hoping that it will soon become apparent to me what it was she was wanting to convey to me on that visit.

this grandmother was very close to my husbands sister, C. C was the first grandchild & the the only granddaughter for about 13 years, filled in between those years w/boys. at any rate, I felt all along that something was going to be wrong w/C and sure enough, from the time I posted this dream on this thread, C's vacation time from work had to be cancelled, as they became short handed due to staff quitting/getting sick, and she also ended up working many hours over time, then getting very tired as a result, and came down first with pneumonia and then pleurisy. she is still recovering from this. I think grammy was coming to tell me that, but didn't quite know how to communicate with me. I didn't put it in here at the time that I thought something would happen to C, but I had c. her to let her know. Then, I forgot all about it.

It is when we are dreaming, or close to death, that departed ones are most able to communicate with us, and to be seen by us. The rest of the time, waking reality and conscious mind interfere. I have had visits from my dear aunt and two cherished pets. I have never recieved a visit from my grandmother, with whom I was very close, and that surprises me. On the other hand, my great-grandmother, who is my inspiration but whom I never knew, made an appearance one night. I'm not sure what laws govern their ability to come to us in dreams, but I am sure that our ability to percieve them is a factor. Maybe some have more "strength" to come through than others.

often times you can make these connections when you are meditating or just very relaxed too. As a psychic medium, sometimes spirits just show up for me when I least expect them to and I've known people who are NOT mediums who have this occur as well.

NOt sure about any 'laws' perse either, WyrdRaven, however, my deceased aunt once literally called on their telephone and when her son in law answered the phone (dear auntie had been dead already for many years by this time), he was shocked to hear her voice on the other end asking for her daughter by name. She told him then, quite annoyed with his slow response, "HURRY UP! DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH ENERGY IT TAKES FOR ME TO DO THIS??!" :p

he was NOT a believer at all, thinking we (his wife and all the rest of us with these abilities and beliefs) were nuts. but he never could explain that one away! :p

Disa

I was surprised and told my boyfriend about the dream. Our conversation got around to talking about dreams in general and I mentioned that I never dream about my grandfather, who passed away 15 years ago. My exact words were "I never dream about grandpop - I wish I would." Fast forward to that night.... I had an alarmingly clear dream about my grandfather. Usually in my dreams people don't look the way they do in real life (i.e., I'll dream about my mom but my dream mom doesn't look like my real mom, but I know it's her anyway). In this dream, he looked exactly right, exactly how I remember. We sat and talked about everyday things. We talked about how terrible our favorite NFL team is doing this season, and I joked with him that next season would be the season. He asked me about all about my new boyfriend, and we talked about the damage that Sandy did to his/our town. All normal things that he would be interested in. It wasn't anything crazy but I woke up feeling so amazed.

Now my question to all of you is this: when you dream of people who have passed, do you think there's a possibility that you've actually connected or do you think it's your subconscious dreaming about something you would love to have happen to you? Part of me thinks that since it had been on my mind that day, it makes natural sense to have dreamt of my grandfather that night. BUT, I have wished and wished a million times to dream of him. That day was the first time I ever said it out loud, and lo and behold, I got my wish. I like to think that maybe he heard me and dropped in for a visit, but my logical side says it's just not possible. I'm not a psychic or a medium, and I'm not sure I would have the capability for such a thing...

Well... Dreams of loved ones who have passed feel very different to me when they are a "spirit visitation" than they do when they are just regular dreams. They appear brighter, very healthy, very happy, and always have a message for me- in my dream. IT's almost as though there is a bright light surrounding them. When my mother in law died, I had wondered why she never showed me a sign that she was ok on the other side, because she very much believed in many of the things I do. Once on the phone, years after she had passed I said to her daughter on the phone, "If anyone was ever going to come back and talk to me I thought it would be your mom". She came to me that night and said for me to tell my husband that' she's okay and not to worry.

I've had dreams all my life, way before I could sense or see spirit. I do think it's the way they get through to us when we aren't able to "hear" them any other way.