Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

gregory

I'm genuinely more concerned with being accurate than outcome.
Ah - THEN you will have to define what EXACTLY accuracy in reading means for you ! For me, it is advice that resonates. NOT hearing what I hoped to hear, for instance, or what I was already afraid of.

Spiderwoman

Hi

Could it be that these cards are actually meant to be read as negative? After all each card has a positive and negative. I seldom use reversals, but I have had cards that are all about love, romance and just "know" that it is the negative meaning I should be thinking about.
Does this make sense?

gregory

That's what several of us are saying... They can indeed be very negative, as you say - and often we miss that in our enthusiasm for what we expected/hoped for.

Spiderwoman

ooops

Sorry!! I should have read all the posts before adding my bit!!

aurafields

The Sun is not such a good card as people believe, in my view..but I don't want to go off topic here

I have to agree with you about the sun. I noticed after keeping track of where, when and how it showed up in readings, what actually occurred, and it often just meant independent decisions a lot more than a great outcome.

Alta

Spiderwoman, don't let the opinions of others daunt you!

My thought: yes, the cards can be misleading. They can in fact point in the exact opposite direction to where things truly go. Whenever this happens to me, not that often, I take it as a hint to stop reading for a while and get myself into a better head space.

gregory

My thought: yes, the cards can be misleading. They can in fact point in the exact opposite direction to where things truly go. Whenever this happens to me, not that often, I take it as a hint to stop reading for a while and get myself into a better head space.
No indeed - don't - I just thought maybe if you had missed that some of us had said this, maybe the OP had as well...

Never assume I am sane or helpful about anything ! But yes - I don't see the sun as unrelentingly positive either - it can burn horribly, to name but one negative about that card...

AriesVirgoAscending

I'm with nisaba on this one. I think the cards come out just in the way they're meant to but we aren't infallible, no matter how long we've been using the cards.

I think there are some here who don't agree when I say this, but I still maintain it to be true----the cards are always right. We just don't always read them correctly. Maybe because we want something to be true so badly or maybe we're over-thinking instead of being able to be objective----whatever the case might be.

Another factor could be in the element of time. It's possible that ultimately, sometime in the future, you may become a couple even if you aren't now.

Those cards that you mention being repeats in your draws about this may mean something different than you think. Sometimes the 2 of Cups indicate a friendship, not a romantic relationship. Sometimes the 9 of Cups indicates maybe there's some problem drinking. Page of Cups can point to immaturity or the conception of a child.

Do you use reversals? If not, this may be a time when you'd need to consider the reversed meaning of the cards instead of the upright meaning.

To get a more objective reading about this, maybe joining the reading exchange is an option that might help you out. There are always tons of people using that sub-forum and it's very helpful.

Thank you, your response makes sense. I do not read with reversals, unless a card comes out on It's own in reverse.
I have never pruposefully turned my deck in different directions, it seems frustrating and like you're stacking the deck, setting up negative responses, are the reasons I don't do them, that and no one could explain what the cards energy is blocked means.

I'm open to learning, I'm open to trying to read reversals, but what does blocked energy mean?

AriesVirgoAscending

Could it be that these cards are actually meant to be read as negative? After all each card has a positive and negative. I seldom use reversals, but I have had cards that are all about love, romance and just "know" that it is the negative meaning I should be thinking about.
Does this make sense?

I don't feel good about turning my cards upside down and shuffling them together with upright cards, it feels forced to me, like entrapment, lol
I read reversed cards if they come out on their own reversed, I want to learn, maybe I should try it.

I don't understand when people say in reverse the card energy is blocked, blocked by who or what?

AriesVirgoAscending

How do you know when you're misled? How do you know it's misleading?