DECK OF THE MONTH: DECEMBER

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***

merissa_88: Quantum Tarot (Kunati)
Mi-Shell: Fairytale Tarot
Lil Red: Alice Tarot

merissa_88

I'm working with the Quantum Tarot this month.

My project is to use this deck for meditation, as well as studying concepts in the cards.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in Deck of the Month this year!

Mi-Shell

Hi merissa!
I know, it is already December 8th but if it is all right I would like to join you (again :) )for the rest of the month with my Fairytale Tarot.
I plan to give special attention to all the court cards and get familiar with the characters in the fairy tales, that portray these Courts, with all their quirks and personality traits.

merissa_88

Hi Mi-Shell!

Great to see you. :)

BTW, is this the Baba Studios version?

merissa_88

Quantum Tarot

I love this deck. I tried to work with it a few years ago and gave up because I thought it was going to be serious work. At the time, it took me 3 hours to create a mental picture relating Planck's constant (the point where a wave becomes a quantum or photon) to the Justice card. I'm terrible at science. I multiplied that effort by 78 and thought, "no way."

Fortunately, the rest of the deck has been much easier to study and seems to be a very subtle and interesting take on card meanings. I'm really enjoying the majors. Because 2015 will be a "Strength" year, I've been comparing different versions of this card. The Quantum version is about general relativity, describing how massive objects and their gravitational pull affect smaller objects. It really includes all the different interpretations I have of that major: from the shadowy influence of an addiction to the healthy attraction to becoming more authentic and creative.

I'm hoping to post some readings this week.

Mi-Shell

Hi Mi-Shell!

Great to see you. :)

BTW, is this the Baba Studios version?

Yes, it is.:)
I got it in a trade about 2 years ago.
I thought the fables and fairy tales would be nice to read this time of year. some of them I know, others I never heard of.

Have fun with the Quantum. I have never seen it and will now go and look at som card images, just to get an idea about your deck.

Mi-Shell

Oh oh! :bugeyed: !
I just had a little look at the Quantum and red Nisaba's review.
Do you have the old version or the new one?
It sounds like one would need a copy of the old book!

merissa_88

Kunati Quantum Tarot

It is the old Kunati version, not the LS one.

It has a nice little book that goes with it and explains how the ideas relate to the cards. For example, special relativity goes with the Chariot because it is based on movement at the speed of light. Strength goes with general relativity because it is more focused on gravity and incredibly dense things like black holes.

Now I have to read Nisaba's review.

I think the Fairytale is so beautiful. I have up on it because I did not know any of the stories and sold it. Hope your month with it is going well!

Lil Red

Can you please sign me up for Alice Tarot. I decided to work with it for a whole month

merissa_88

Can you please sign me up for Alice Tarot. I decided to work with it for a whole month

Hi Lil Red! The scans of that deck look beautiful. Will look forward to hearing how it reads for you. :)