Lost feeling

PrincessPaulina

It can be difficult to stay objective when I'm reading for myself, and yes I too often find it more challenging than reading for others.

I've found that keeping a Tarot Journal of my personal spreads, and referring back to them over time, with hindsight has showed me my blind-spots, and greatly increased my accuracy.

But what if I need an answer RIGHT NOW, and I can't tell whether or not I'm being objective? For these situations I've adopted the use of "back-up" tools, such as the Pendulum or Crystal Ball, to verify whether or not I'm on the right path.
For example, I can ask the Pendulum, "Am I interpreting this spread correctly?"
In fact, I've taken to asking the Pendulum BEFORE a sensitive Tarot reading, whether I'm in an objective enough space to read for myself.

earthair

Hi madhatter
I think that because you have changed after a period of growth that this explains why you are having a little disconnection in personal readings. You might need to develop and learn new ways for your new self, maybe find a deck which you only use for yourself. Keep using your usual deck for other people as a solid footing under your feet.

This could be a lovely opportunity to try something new with tarot.

Or try reading for yourself by pretending you're reading on behalf of a client.

Tanga

Good morning folks.
I just got my membership letter in the in box so I thought I would say hi.
...I stopped using the meds about 4 years ago and still suffer from a side effect.
I can't feel the card the way I used to...
...reading my own is next to impossible.

Am I broken? Can I be fixed?[[[|:)

You are not broken MadHatter - only that your body and psyche have their own ideas about the speed of convalescence from your trauma. All will return in time.
I would suggest dabbling in 'lighter' exercises such as Chimera Dust and others suggest here.
I don't often do full readings for myself - due to my wishes getting in the way of me being objective. :) And mostly, deep down - I know the answers to my own questions these days.
If I'm really bursting - then I treat myself to a reading with a reader that I revere.

It can be difficult to stay objective when I'm reading for myself, and yes I too often find it more challenging than reading for others.

But what if I need an answer RIGHT NOW, and I can't tell whether or not I'm being objective? For these situations I've adopted the use of "back-up" tools, such as the Pendulum or Crystal Ball, to verify whether or not I'm on the right path.
For example, I can ask the Pendulum, "Am I interpreting this spread correctly?"
In fact, I've taken to asking the Pendulum BEFORE a sensitive Tarot reading, whether I'm in an objective enough space to read for myself.

Hmm... I shall try this PrincessPaulina...