A Card a Day of Sacred Circle

contrascarpe

March 19 - Six of Discs

Or "Bounty" - hmm, I am pulling my card late in the game (or at least late in the day). Not sure if this is appropriate for my day, but maybe it is because I still have a few hours left. Lots of driving today (much more tomorrow) ..... didn't pick up any orders from my customers, so it is not from that ....... maybe it is because I will be having three good meals today (even though I am on a diet) unlike yesterday which was kind of an eat and run day (filled with salads and eggs, lol ..... this low carb thing, sheesh). Will have to see what the evening has in store.

Red Emma

Sacred Circle, card a day

10 of disks. Tradition.

It took a bit to understand the message. It's been a day of frustrations and I hoped that Tarot could kind of give me a bit of cheer.

Tradition?

To me tradition is stultifying, prevents people from exploring the possibilities of their lives. Then I see it. The ten disks are blocking off the entrance to a little valley, preventing the querant from poking about the place, seeing what's there.

But the three hawks in the sky! They're free to ride the thermals, look over the little valley and find any tasty morsel which may be hiding under a bush.

I did try to "feel" my way into the card, but it took a combination of feeling and intellectual exercise to understand the message.

And as I type this, I understand even more. I'm letting my "traditional" housewifely duties block me off from exploring my world. I need to forget the dishes and the friggin' carpets, go to my room and work on the tasks of my heart.

Ride the thermals, as do the hawks.

Nitegoddess

Red Emma, I truly feel where you are coming from with just giving yourself "me" time. However, about 3 months ago I started.. even if it is 30 minutes.. I lock myself in my room and just meditate, study, or just lay down. It truly important for us to do that once in a while.
Forget the dishes, clothes, floors, and go and relax!! :)

contrascarpe

Re: 18 March - 4 of Swords - Rest

CreativeFire said:
The very first card I drew from my new Sacred Circle Deck :) (very happy with it too by the way), - was the 4 of Swords - Rest.

And I did need some!! - have been working hard out this week and trying to keep up with all my other family things, so took the cards advice last night and put everything away and had an early night and feel the better for it! (Didn't even log on to AT :( LOL)

CreativeFire

CreativeFire - this was the first card I pulled when I got my new deck! And I needed rest that day as well, lol.

Dan

starsongs

CreativeFire said:
Hi everyone

I have been eagerly awaiting my order to come for my Sacred Circle deck - and I finally picked it up this afternoon :)

So I am hoping to join in the Sacred Circle studies with you all when I can. I am already doing the general 78 Week Study in "Using Tarot Cards" forum and will use my Sacred Circle as part of this now as well.

Am off to have a good look at the deck now and will draw my first card tomorrow :)

CreativeFire

Hi Creative Fire! :D

Welcome!

starsongs

13thFaeChylde said:
March 18th ~ The Lady

This card is one of the reasons I was drawn to this deck years ago ~ I love her! The sun, moon and stars are shining in the sky and I hear Tori (Amos) singing 1000 Oceans...

Both of my children have been sick on and off this week, with tummy viruses and sore throats...and I haven't been able to stay home with them b/c of meetings at work.

This is a beautiful card and I can see how it fits with 1000 Oceans.

I sure hope your kids are feeling better; know its gotta be hard to leave them when the are sick. The Lady truly does fit here, eh??..

starsongs

Phoenyx*

Red Emma, something a nurse practitioner I work with once told me something that is very appropriate here, "Forget the housework for once and just relax...It'll still be there when you want to clean it up."

Red Emma

Sacred Circle, a card a day

Thanks, Nite Goddess.

I can see you're a woman after my own heart.

CreativeFire

19 March - 10 of Swords - Disillusion

My card for today was the 10 of Swords - Disillusion

oooh hard one! Not really I guess when I think about it more - would have to be my current disillusion with work situation - having spent a lot of time and effort building up a team and have had a key member resign this week - which has stirred up other discontent and worry about sadness of losing a close workmate but also breaking in a new member to the team.

Being honest with oneself, that an ending is inevitable, no one is there for ever - in that even a close working team can seem like family because you spend so much time with them, but then they can just up and leave and move on - that it is really not permanent or long standing like family at all.

Hope tomorrows card is more cheery for the weekend :)

CreativeFire

BlueLotus

Page of Wands - Potential

I usually wait a while before I post and after I draw a card in order to try to integrate it into my day with some clues, and to meditate on it.

My page is kneeling in front of some flames, on the grass and holding a torch in his left hand. There are a couple of dragon flies which stand for luck.

This page is the most impulsive of all wands' court cards ( the word FIRE comes to mind - and the card sure has a lot to show for it ). Other decks attribute this card to the Astrological Sun Sign of Sagittarius.

Often clumsy, blunt and hot tempered when crossed , he is nevertheless quite popular, has much to say, and likes to attract attention with his eloquence and philosophical demeanor,; he likes to be appreciated for his resourcefulness and workmanship. He is a wanderer, and cannot be trusted much in relationships, as he gets easily bored.

I still don't see any of these attributes in anyone I met today; But I believe that this card is good for me personally as I pursue my day ahead with much energy, enthusiasm, and potential.

You can view this card Here