timing

buttercup42

I have read several articles on timing. some say you cannot predict timing at all while others say there is a way to predict timing
Could somone give their opinion on this please.

I am very interested in doing the timing when reading cards.

Umbrae

Ever have friends that ‘just can never show up on time?’ I have a friend that everbody says runs on ‘Catlin’ time…

If you ever go to Egypt, they have a train schedule, and they will inform you that the trains ‘run on time’…but it’s a whole different concept of time.

So if you want to learn timing – you have to learn your own concept of time. If you have a ‘near future’ position – I could tell you it’s 2 weeks, but for you it may very well be 3 weeks. Or 3 days.

Keeping a journal will tell you about how your inner concept of time.

Journaling is your answer.

Of course there will be answers about ‘static timing systems’ and this card means weeks and days and blah blah blah and I urge you to follow them…journal the results.

Then tell us which system works. The dynamic or the static…I’ll put my money on the former.

:smoker:

tmgrl2

Somehow, when I read....the question, the cards, the spread....all work together to give me clues about timing....I don't go into a reading with
a "time schedule" except...

Right now, Jewel-ry and I are doing an Advice for the Week reading thread....two cards with "advice" to be followed every day for a week....somehow, it works.

terri

buttercup42

thank you for your advice..it helped...i was just asking because some readers i have had seem so specific and confident when they say in 3 weeks..or by the month of june..and so on...
tks again.

Emeraldgirl

It all depends on what kind of system you want to use. Some people use positions in the spread as time e.g. next month, next two months etc. Or you could allocate seasons to suits. As Umbrae says figure out your own time concept and then pick or create a style that suits you and your needs and experiment with it.

lilacblooms

There was this very interesting article by james rioux titled Extracting Timing Information (previously published as A Matter of Timing). Check it out.........

The_Star

timing....

buttercup42 said:
I have read several articles on timing. some say you cannot predict timing at all while others say there is a way to predict timing
Could somone give their opinion on this please.

I am very interested in doing the timing when reading cards.

Timing becomes much easier when astrological transits are examined in light of the tarot reading.