hermit

magician

Hi everyone
I have been reading and practicing tarrot for a while.Yet sometomes Hermit comes in t he final outcome ...he leaves me quite perplexed as what to predict. Can anyone pleas e throw some light on this..
Thanks

catlin

MM, magician,
It really depends on the question, eg in a reading related to your spiritual developement it may indicate that you are still on your way, in a love relationship spread it may indicate being single again...

Dwaas

The hermit can also tell you to back off for some time, to reflect, meditate, stop interfering and let things happen as they do, an inner journey etc. Catlin already gave some excellent examples. I never thought about it as being single in a relation spread. Thanks for that! Anyway, it all depends on the question, the position in the spread, the relation with other cards in the spread.
Blessings

catlin

Dwaas, my Legend Arthurian taught me about the Hermit being a symbol for "single" LOL.

a_shikhs

The Hermit can also mean spiritual guide, someone fed up of the world, moving away from situation, loneliness, providing directions to people, wise, mature,, letting go of past and moving on, finish all pending things and move on, will be successful in studies, self awakening, being separate from the material world, give yourself space, must be feeling isolated, meditation, needs to be humble and modest, sees things as they are.

Hope this helped.. :)

The_Star

The Hermit...

magician said:
Hi everyone
I have been reading and practicing tarrot for a while.Yet sometomes Hermit comes in t he final outcome ...he leaves me quite perplexed as what to predict. Can anyone pleas e throw some light on this..
Thanks

I believe that The Hermit indicates the final stage of one stage of spiritual growth. It is a temporary condition that is prior to the entry of a new, more elevated, stage. The process, numerically, is 9 (a completion) to 10 Wheel of Fortune (a change).
In Hebrew numerology 9 represents the completion of a cycle (decimal). Perhaps kind of like changing your clothes behind a closed door (hermit /privacy / self) before you re-enter the world in a new garb!

It is NOT a permanent condition but an indication of accomplishment leading to something new.... withdraw leading to re-entry.