Clow Cards: Exercise #4: Representation

vanity

Before I go into this exercise, I'll give my personal example. Summer 2008, I drew a card thinking, "Card that represents me." I did the same for D and L, two guys I liked.

For myself, I drew THE FLOWER. For D, THE LIGHT, and L, THE FLY.
I didn't think to look back on them until now, and I realized that they had come true to how events unfolded for me.

THE FLOWER- I had a breach of confidence. I was so sure that D would like me enough to ask me to go out, but that never happened. What did happen was that he found me attractive, but I wasn't his type of girl to go out with. Rumors popped up about what we'd done (a tiny bit of fooling around, nothing major) but it was still crazy. People I didn't even know were talking about us. But before the trouble began, I had that "love of power" because I felt I was unstoppable. I was friends with everyone in the group, they accepted me, they all found me attractive.

THE LIGHT- An empty victory. "This is the closest to a win one can come to in this situation." It was very true. The best thing I got from him was a few instances of physical touch, but that was all that was going to happen, and ended quite abruptly because his friends told him it was wrong for him/me to continue it since I wanted a relationship and he didn't.

THE FLY- Victory, success after labor, "Keep a carefree action in mind, brightly, without withering." After about a month of me trying hard to woo L, I won. He asked me out. A year and two months later, we are still a couple. :)

Now I suggest you try this exercise!
Shuffle your deck, thinking "Card that represents me" or maybe even "Card that represents me a week/month/___ months from now". Pull a card when you feel ready.

Meditate on the card you drew. Do you feel good or safe with it? Why/why not?

Check back to see what you wrote when the duration of time passes (e.g. if you said what card you'd be a week from now, check back a week from now). Was it true for you? If not, why do you think the events changed?

vanity

The Illusion

"What card will represent me a few months from now?"

THE ILLUSION.
Either I'll have a strong sense of apathy (towards school perhaps. Maybe my bf going off to drink for his 21st) or a suggestion that I should focus on my emotions and meditate on it.

I feel that this card is a bit of a slippery slope. I have to be careful with it, because it could easily fool me. It feels like a mischievous card, where it will say things in a specific way, but not in a way I'd need to hear until it actually happened. This could be beneficial for me to learn in that I need to pay attention to details and my surroundings.

Aviloria

The Dream

[Hope these exersises are continuing]

Question" What card is me in this present moment?"

I shuffled until I was ready and I pulled one card from the top of the deck.
It was The Dream.

What I get from it? : I am living in a dream world currently, and I do dream ALOT, especially recently. I daydream very deeply on my plans for the future, and seeing those dreams come true.

I could be lost in those dreams, these dreams i take into my heart and soul and the air I breathe. I shouldn't loose myself too much in my dreams.

Thats what I get.

And funny enough, I had this deck for years and I reconnected with it because I had a dream about them one night, woke up the next morning and pulled them out of storage. And this is recently, like a week or almost 2 weeks.