Ace of Chalices

dadsnook2000

Reversing the Ace of Chalices

For this card I would expect the reversal to suggest:
** A mis-guided or unappreciated offering of love or support.
** An uncertainty or hesitation in offering love.
** A rejection of support given to another or given to you.
** Over-generosity or giving the wrong form of support.
** A too-late to help type of situation.

But, in all cases, love and support is still there as the focal issue. Meanness or hurt is not intended or suggested ever in this card as I see it and as I have found it to be -- I use this deck more than all my other decks combined. Dave

huredriel

Helvetica said:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I absolutely love this ....... if only we could project this through our actions all the time, wouldn't the world be a much better place.

Thank you for posting this ((((((Sophie)))))) ...... I shall endeavour to remember it daily (in fact I've emailed to work to print)!!!

x Huredriel

star-lover

this is one of my fave cards
its just so beautiful
whatever it promises when i get it i know i can always be thankful because its love in its best, love as inspiration, in its purest form, its so uplifting - if love goes skewy - you can bet its down to what transpires after not because of it - the ace of cups is the gift of love and a blessing for you, a reward if you like, and your chance to go with it and do your best- its like fate and then your free will comes after / your actions/ your experience and what you can make of it - and what happens happens - when all happens it will come again - but its true - its love throwing the gift and the gauntlet to you and you have no option but to run with it

just my opinion

edit ditto what huredriel said about sophies post - encapsulated in one!!!
good to remember the bottom line - and we always do when we realise x

lunalafey

Love is an offering, just as it appears that the Fey is offering the water that is cupped in her hands. One can let love slip through thier fingers or hold it close to thier heart (or drink of it). The most pure love is unconditional, no strings attached. Fingers can get caught and wrapped up in strings, but with water, there is nothing to get stuck in, one can only be covered with it, emersed in it.
I see this Fey offering up this pure love to those who need itand who are willing to accept it. She does not know who they are, she just knows that there are those out there that need that experience. She is making a testimony to her soul that she will forever be filled with love for all who cross her path.

Sophie

dadsnook2000 said:
But, in all cases, love and support is still there as the focal issue.
Would you say that an Ace of Chalices reversed could mean giving love and support to others in a way that leads us to depleting one's own inner ressources - and eventually to compassion fatigue? So instead of nourishing equally ourselves and others, we only nourish others - and we end up empty? Or a form of giving that compensates for low self-esteem or inner emptiness?

dadsnook2000

For Helvetica

Yes, the core meaning of the card is always there, it just gets "twisted" or hindered in some way. Your interpretation could quite nicely apply.

This is why, in my readings, that I use a spread that has card positions which address each component of the question and situation. They help to direct me to the card's more probable meanings. The relative positions may often tie together also -- "What is the basis for this problem" could link to a position that examines "Why are you reluctant to address this issue" for example.

I always re-frame the question if it is needed, then construct a spread that has a place for the expected components that make up the question, then read the cards relative to the spread positions, and only then permit the "intuitive" things start to arise within the converstation and the reading. Dave

Sophie

dadsnook2000 said:
This is why, in my readings, that I use a spread that has card positions which address each component of the question and situation. They help to direct me to the card's more probable meanings. The relative positions may often tie together also -- "What is the basis for this problem" could link to a position that examines "Why are you reluctant to address this issue" for example.

I always re-frame the question if it is needed, then construct a spread that has a place for the expected components that make up the question, then read the cards relative to the spread positions, and only then permit the "intuitive" things start to arise within the converstation and the reading. Dave
Yes, I also enjoy devising spreads in that way, though I vary them with the more flowing intuitive layouts too. I find that style of analytical spread especially useful when I have many cards out, or when reading for myself or a loved one, and I must be careful not to be too subjective.

This card has followed me all day. I drew it yesterday, upright, which is why I posted about it, but like all things of beauty, "its loveliness increases". It ties very much with all the spiritual and emotional work I've been doing on unconditional love.

And happy birthday, Dave :*

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
Yes, the core meaning of the card is always there, it just gets "twisted" or hindered in some way. Dave

I agree 100% with Dave. A lot of beautiful posts about this card, thanks to all.