Flonz Victorian Lenormand

rylla

For me it would be tea-bagged cream card with Sepia or Sanguin. Coudn't say for sure unless I see both variations :)

Love the Star!

daphne

Yay! The man (Leo) will make my star!!! And for an OK price too.

So, I bought some inks today for the writing

Top row - Black
2nd row - Sepia
3rd row - Tobacco
4th row - Sanguine (what I was first using)
5th row - Raw Sienna

View attachment 62375

And to get an idea of what it looks like next to an image

View attachment 62376

I think I like the Sepia best as it looks like black ink that has faded.

Votes?

To make it easily pop out, what about the idea to use different colors for different system? Otherwise, it is quite flat.

Like the idea to use sanguine for the red-color card inserts, and black for the black-colored.

The number of the card, here 29, with Sepia which will be the same with the title of the card, also Sepia.

Just try on one card to see how it looks.

ladybird

This is what my Star stamp should look like

It is the star out of the centre of a compass rose, found on nautical charts. I have been a sailor all my life and so this image has a very strong meaning for me.

Yay, I love this star! Great choice, baylys! I used a compass rose in my Lenormand too. :)

So, I bought some inks today for the writing

Top row - Black
2nd row - Sepia
3rd row - Tobacco
4th row - Sanguine (what I was first using)
5th row - Raw Sienna

I think I like the Sepia best as it looks like black ink that has faded.

Votes?

I see what you're saying with Sepia, it's pretty. I love Sanguine and since it was what you were first using, I'd be inclined to say go with your first choice. :) Yay, have fun! :heart:

baylys

Yay, I love this star! Great choice, baylys! I used a compass rose in my Lenormand too. :)

I see what you're saying with Sepia, it's pretty. I love Sanguine and since it was what you were first using, I'd be inclined to say go with your first choice. :) Yay, have fun! :heart:

The reason I was using Sanguine initially was that was all I had, it was left over from a family-tree project.

Tarot Orat

Love sepia, it goes nicely with the black, it looks faded but more like it used to be black...Sanguine is more dramatic but it looks less like it was black at any point in its history. The sepia seems more organic.

Tarot Orat

Oh, and I LURVE your concept for the Star!!!

strings of life

I like the black and Sanguine calligraphy on the tea stained paper.

Love the nautical Star stamp (and the story behind it). Hope it becomes a reality!

MoonGypsy

I like the black and Sanguine calligraphy on the tea stained paper.

Love the nautical Star stamp (and the story behind it). Hope it becomes a reality!

i agree with my friend aurarcana--although i would be happy with either the Sanguine or Sepia. [i tend toward the Sanguine, though]

i too love the nautical Star! i have always been attracted to the sea and sea motif...

Laura Borealis

I very much like your compass star idea, and I'm glad he can make the stamp for you. How cool is that, to be able to have custom stamps made that match the style of your overall concept AND convey the meaning you personally find in the symbol.

Inks - now that I see them all together, I wonder how the Sanguine even looked brown before! Next to the others it's so red. I do love the rich color, though. Sepia and Tobacco both attract me as browns, but Sepia looks the most vintage of all the browns. I kind of like them all and am wondering if it would be too distracting to use different ones on different cards.

SixDegrees

To make it easily pop out, what about the idea to use different colors for different system? Otherwise, it is quite flat.

Like the idea to use sanguine for the red-color card inserts, and black for the black-colored.

Love this idea!