2 down, 76 to go...

Aura Wolf

Your artwork is achingly beautiful temperlyne, and very unique. I hope to see a full tarot deck someday :)

temperlyne

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the positive response I've been given. It will help me stay motivated and keep working on the cards eventhough I don't have much time to spare.
I realise that my artwork is not the best, detailed or most subtle in the world and that my symboligy is not traditional for tarot, but I just want to create something that speaks to me instinctively. I would love it if my cards speak to some of you as well. Judging by the decks that are most popular, my style is will not please many readers but I do hope to please some.
It is soo much fun to paint. I haven't been creative in a long time and this project gives me an excuse to make time for it. I'm off to work on death!

CreativeFire

hi temperlyne

great to see you posting the links to your cards as they are very beautiful and strong images in which you are showing your talent for colour and line. I really like your Empress! which I first saw on DA - so glad you are enjoying creating these and I will look forward to seeing more :)

cheers
CF

temperlyne

number 4!

I had a hard time with this one, I just couldn't decide on the color scheme. usually I pick the colors before I start painting but with this one I just started.
so her she is, miss death!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15915628/

I'm not sure if I should explain the image right away, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I hope you can see death in this image.

(Pretty soon I will have to start another thread since the title is not apropriate anymore! Ah well lets see who's next.... the hanged man?)

Chronata

Wow. The Death Card is really amazing.

What a bold choice!

At first glance, I thought it was a little creepy...but the more I looked at it, the more beautiful it became...there's a great interconnectedness with all the parts of the image.

It really does speak "Death" to me...even my reaction to it seems to gel with the concept of death. (that uneasiness at first...and the beauty that comes from really getting to know it.)

I love your style of art. And I can relate to the feeling you have about your style...that it may not be to everyone's liking. I have had similar feelings about my own art, because it doesn't look like most deck art out there.
I say, don't worry about what others think!
Your fans will find you!
I certainly have!

temperlyne

Chronata you are simply too kind! Thnx very much for the wonderful respons! I'm so glad you like my artwork, as I do like yours. We both seem to have a love for color!

As for the death card, I never meant for her to be scary, but she IS death...
Th roads signify that all routes lead to death, but that through her we are transformed, given back to entropi so to speak.
Strangly when I finished the card I got the bad news of my best feline friend having cancer, I keep focussing on the end of our time together but maybe I should look at my own card some more....

ciliegia

hi

I like your artwork:)romantic and passional.
Good luck with project.

temperlyne

the hanged one

I finally finished another one, The hanged man. I based him on Odin dangling from the world tree. Beneeth him are the runes, which are only visible from his hung perspective.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16088641/

Let me now what you think!

ciliegia

I just visited your site but I didn't know how to post there.
Your art is so nice:)
ganbattene(Good luck to you)

love,
maria

bleuivy

i can't believe I didn't see this thread until now! Your cards are gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of them. My favorite so far is the Hanged Man, which is a huge deal because that is usually one of my least favorite cards in the deck.

I love them all though. Death is just so evocative, the Lovers is gorgeous, etc, etc, etc.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your next card. :)