Transiting Uranus In Pisces (2003)

Joywalker

Hi,

I'm anxious to know, what will happen when this Mr.Weird guy transits into Pisces next year?

This is important to me as my ascendant is Pisces.
All info are welcome! :D

Minderwiz

Transits are likely to affect you at two levels. Firstly through the House that the planet transits - in the case of Uranus changing sign it will have relatively little effect unless it also changes House at the same time. If Uranus remains in the same House then the background effect from the planet will remain virtually the same - it will be the same area of your life that is affected. You won't notice any real change in the colour of that effect unless you look very closely. From what you say it is likely that Uranus is currently in your twelfth House, unless your Ascendant is in the early degrees of Pisces (see below) the effect will be what it has been for the last few years.

The other way transits will affect you is by aspecting your natal planets, the Ascendant and the other angles. If you have any planets in the late degrees of a sign (28-29) or early degrees of a sign (0-2). So if your Pisces Ascendant is in the first two degrees then you will begin to notice effect - or if any aspected natal planets are in turn aspected to other parts of your natal chart.

Otherwise don't expect much to happen

Joywalker

Thanks,Minderwiz!

My AC is at about 15 degree of Pisces.So,when Uranus moves more than 15 degrees,it fall into my first house.Then ,perhaps I will feel the effect.

Using the extended chart selection at www.astro.com,I could see that the transit will only affect on me (in my first house) at the end of year 2007.

Well,that will be 5 years later from now. :D

AquarianGoddess

I was writing about this a few days ago....Uranus in Pisces, on a mundane level will bring MAJOR breakthroughs and innovations with drugs. I'm hopeful that another Jonas Salk is on the horizon.

We'll see brand spanking new and much improved drugs, with less side-effects, for just about every malady we can incur. This will be a VERY exciting time!

Just like Uranus in Aquarius opened us up to the Internet, which totally changed the way we live, work, play, shop and interact, Uranus in Pisces will open us up to a better quality of life, even when ill.

And on another note, Pisces rules the feet, so look for some weird, way-out, kooky shoes to hit the market!

AG

Minderwiz

Thanks for pointing out the mundane implications AG - Uranus changing signs may not have personal implications for most people but it does have implications for the society and world in which we live.

So indirectly we will be affected by the change

Moongold

Hey, wait a minute......

......Don't leave us behind......

How do you make the connection of healing drugs with Uranus in Pisces?

I've just found a reference to drugs and Pisces in Choice Centred Astrology . OK. And I see that Uranus can split asunder old ideas and beliefs. and inspire innovation......so did you make this connection with the discovery of new drugs intuitively, AG?

Pisces is also a sign of faith and spirituality, psychic abilities et al. Could we just as easily say that the Uranus could impact on this area of life as well?

If we look at the War on Terrorism being partially associated with fundamentalist religious beliefs (I know that's arguable) could we then predict that next year the conflict might escalate into a larger war if the influence is negative?

Or could we predict that there will be a huge spiritual renewal in the world? Perhaps a dissolution of the political religions, Christian and Islam, and the development of a new kind of spirituality?

And how can you tell that the effects of the transit might be more societal than personal, Minderwiz?

When does Uranus transit Pisces and the 12th House in 2003? I guess people could do a chart showing the transits for that period and calculate how it might affect them? What fun........

Moongold

Minderwiz

For my part - the answer is that the outer planets move so slowly (Uranus takes 84 years before it returns to its starting point - that everyone born over a seven year period, will have Uranus is the same sign (assuming that we start out at the beginning of a sign) - the effects are said to be generational because everyone of that generation is affected. Neptune takes about twice as long and Pluto about three times as long. Thus Pluto could be in the same sign for up to 32 years (though because of its eccentric orbit it can pass through some signs in 13 years).

Clearly change will occur as these planets change signs but as AG said it is more at a mundane level - that of the world in general.

That being said, the House positions of the outer planets definitely are personally related and if Uranus moves from transiting one House to transiting another in your chart you will notice the change. You will most clearly notice Uranus, or the other outer planets when they transit one of your natal planets.

I'll leave AG to answer the other questions that you asked because I don't want to second guess her reasoning.

AquarianGoddess

Moondgold,

All intelligent questions!

Pisces rules drugs (and drug companies) and Uranus rules innovation and genius. Putting the two together, gives us...better drugs! Pisces also rules oil and we'll be experiencing many changes in that area as well.

The area of spirtuality is somewhat fuzzy. Most folks thought that when Neptune (the ruler of Pisces) entered Aquarius, spirtuality would become huge. In my view it hasn't yet happened. But....perhaps with Uranus in Pisces (combined with Neptune in Aquarius) the world will take on a more enlightened approach (one can only hope). As far as organized religions, they won't be leaving anytime soon....but they are being catilyized by Pluto in Sagg (as we've seen with the Catholic Church.)

Uranus "shakes things up" and awakens, (for better or worse). Those with personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars) in early degrees of mutables (Gemini, Virgo, Sagg and Pisces), will definitely be aware of the presence of Uranus in Pisces!

BTW, Uranus IS a Pisces.....I have to get the exact date of discovery. It's sometime in February/March of 1846!

Moongold

AquarianGoddess said:
Moondgold,

The area of spirtuality is somewhat fuzzy. Most folks thought that when Neptune (the ruler of Pisces) entered Aquarius, spirtuality would become huge. In my view it hasn't yet happened. But....perhaps with Uranus in Pisces (combined with Neptune in Aquarius) the world will take on a more enlightened approach (one can only hope). As far as organized religions, they won't be leaving anytime soon....but they are being catilyized by Pluto in Sagg (as we've seen with the Catholic Church.)

This is very interesting because there are parts of the picture that we may never know. I actually see the big established churches/religions as being political more than spiritual and think there is possibly a lot of spiritual activity we are not aware of.

With regard to the Catholic Church I know many Catholics who regard the Church hierarchy as patriarchal and political and who disregard those particular structures whilst retaining the essential faith. In a sense, they take what they consider necessary from the Church and leave the rest behind.

Just speculating but this kind of approach could be a spiritual revolution in line with our discussions. It is very interpretive, isn't it?

I guess this is what the art in predictive astrology is to some extent . Anyone with comprehensive knowledge of social policy, science. politics or any field could make informed predictions without astrology or tarot. Astrology or tarot could assist in making an inspired prediction, however!

Moongold