2- Past life actions that necessitated the lesson
Creativity

3- Past life attitudes or emotions that necessiated
the lesson
Faith or hope

4- Tests you have passed in this life
? This stumped me because I have always enjoyed
bible stories when I was young & people seem to find me
when they are having problems or close to death. When I seen this card that is the first thing I thought of and went blank.

5-Tests yet to pass
The Magician
Communication & skill

6- Action to receive Karmic goal
stuggle of teamwork

7- Attitude or emotions to receive Karmic goal
Love & emotional fulfillment

8-Karmic goal in this life
energy, adventure & exploring

9- A Karmic gift
being able to plan to achieve

Any input is appreciated. I have not done much with past lives or karma but this is how I read this spread.(Just put the basics here)

Moongold

Ah..... that helps. :)

4 Swords can mean a turning inward and a kind of stability.

In this position it relates to the things you have mastered in this life. I've just read Wildechilde's interpretation which I think is superb. Missed it before, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for the other cards!

azuremariposa

lawguy, this is by far the best karmic spread i've ever seen!!! i absolutely love it, and oddly enough, *my Universal Waite was just peeping up at me from under my monitor as i read it :) thought i might share it will you...

1. Knight of Cups
2. King of Cups
3. Four of Swords
4. Ten of Swords
5. Death
6. King of Swords
7. Seven of Wands
8. Queen of Pentacles
9. Five of Cups

what's funny is that i was a man in my last life, so to see the knight and king of cups come up made me laugh...and then the Sw, Sw, Death, Sw!! it all makes perfect sense :) ...the last card puzzles me, but i shall dwell on it some more and hopefully it will come to me...

again, most excellent spread lawguy!! i'm in awe! :)

many blessings to all...

~azure

Cerulean

Thanks and related notes

First, thank you very much Lawguy and others who posted their notes! I have another spread to add to my "Karmic Tarot" discoveries this fall...

I've been working through the Llewellyn book about "Karmic Tarot" with a few others at aeclectic.net. I found it useful as a spread book and figured out how to view the layouts with "right attitude" for me.

The layout pattern in the beginning and the cards initial draw sometimes make the experimental readings quite startling--and each of my decks read differently. But than I realized I wasn't used to doing in-depth analysis while using a different deck with every spread.

You may not agree, but I found it useful to look at the resulting spreads--no matter what deck-- with an attitude of "learning and understanding that what is past needs to be viewed with the attitude of going forward". So I do consider the points raised, jot down the important information to me in quick notes and let the reflective view sink in over a few days.

Anyway, if you do like the insights you find with the spread as Lawguy suggested--maybe below these related threads will have value to you?

Some of us posted three layouts from the book already.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30843&highlight=karmic+tarot

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30298&highlight=karmic+tarot

Regards,

Cerulean

Melvis

Nice spread, Lawguy! I know it's one I'll use, as I can remember the positions without having to write them down! That's the big test for me...if I have to refer to notes, the spread is not much use to me.

Azure...a quick thought went through my head as I looked at your reading using this spread: Using a RWS interpretation of the 5 of Cups, perhaps the gift you receive is someone else turning away from the path ahead of you, making it easier for you to reach your goal. Like someone getting out of your way, I guess? :D Just a thought!

Thanks again, Lawguy!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

mj07

wow!

I tried your spread with my Gothic deck last night and got the freakiest results!

1 Queen of Cups
2 The Fool
3 High Priestess Rx
4 The Empress
5 Knight of Wands
6 Temperance Rx
7 Knight of Pentacles
8 Page of Pentacles
9 The Moon Rx

ALL court cards and majors! WOW! jeez, I don't even know where to start in interpreting this, but I think it's interesting looking at other people's results to see how many of us have court card and majors heavy throws!!! WOW again!

lawguy51

azuremariposa said:
lawguy, this is by far the best karmic spread i've ever seen!!! i absolutely love it,

Wow you guys, what great responses and amazing spreads. I haven't been on the forum for a while so just re-acquainted myself with this thread. The thing about this spread for me is that I've never created one before and it just spilled out in probably less than two minutes. I'm glad it is proving helpful.

Lawguy51

NatanEpsilon

This is fantastic spread! Thank you for sharing.

I've got very deep insights using it.

1. 1. Main karmic lesson you brought into this life (V of wands).
I was very competitive and I'm still struggling with this energy.
In my natal chart I have Pluto and Mars in Scorpio in 4th house Squaring Sun in Aquarius in 7th. Huge competitive energy. This is what I need to transform in this life.

2. Past life actions that necessitated the lesson (IV of Wands).
From my meditations I've learned that in my past life where I lived a monastery/teacher/sentient life (see below) I redeem the karma which I needed to redeem in that particular life and in this life I'm continuing this redeeming with other type of Karma left from the many live times. In each life time we redeem not all of our karma, but a particular amount of it. This card shows to me the celebrating of that finished job.

3. Past life attitudes or emotions that necessitated the lesson (Hermit)
This again shows my past solitary life.
In my natal chart I have Sag South Node in 5th. The Romances and Falling in Love is one of the main themes in this life. Creativity also. But in this themes my competitiveness is easily expressed, and that is what i need to transform, or transcend.
The Solitary past life, a life where I was turned toward inner self is over. Now the 11th house North Node in Gemini is showing my path toward the society, and the competitiveness is only an inner tension which will guide me toward this path. Though, a tension which in meantime needs to be transformed, while in the first place it served a good purpose, the transformation (yet the continuing of the path in the same direction) is needed.
Also, 5th house is the house of the Performer. In performing the ego can be expressed the most and the competitiveness too. Leo is ruler of 5th. 11th is the house of the Audience - here is where I need to dwell: to perform for the audience (whatever it is the performance). 5th is also a house for searching the identity, but the 11th is Transcending the Identity in the need for the Collective. Again pointing out for transforming the competitiveness.

4. Tests you have passed in this life (8 of swords).
Yes I've been through a lot of confusion in this life. I gave my power away too much and people hurt me a lot. I had confused thoughts. But all that thought me a lesson, now I'm stronger and more reliable.

5. Tests yet to pass (Hanged man)
I need to go with the flow. To put my trust on the Higher Self Guidance. To merge with the divinity inside, to hear the inner voice and to learn Trust. To be in somewhat state of Samadhi.

6. Actions required to achieve Karmic goal (9 of pentacles)
I need to be more practical, to enjoy the beauty and joy of life (instead of going inside as in previous life). Yes, going inside, but not to forget the outer life. This material world has much beauty in it if we know how to enjoy it (without sick competitiveness between the people).

7. Attitude or emotions required to achieve Karmic goal (3 of swords)
Yes I'm too emotional, I write sad songs, I sing sad songs. I've cried a lot in love, have been hurt, not yet found my true love. These sad feelings is what I need to transform on emotional and mental basis.

8. Karmic goal in this life (tower)
Enlightenment. Awakening.
With my type of energy there is no other way. Either going on the top of the world physically or spiritually.

9. A Karmic gift (insight into achieving your goal) (2 of pentacles)
Flexibility. With my Pluto, Mars and Saturn in Scorpio I was to Rigid in my previous years of this life. I was tense and competitive. Now I need flexibility and Trust in the ever-flowing of Life. Jupiter in Capricorn represents this card from 0 degrees to 10.
My natal Jupiter is at 0 Capricorn, alongside with Neptune and Venus.