Deck of the Week Sign up Group - week 31 - March 3-10 2012

Cat*

I would Cat, but there's no way I could insult you by offering an awful newbie 'reading' in return!
Oh, please, do me the favor! :) I'd love to exchange with someone I haven't exchanged with before. I promise, I'll be friendly and honest with you. By the way, in all my time here on AT I have received a very small number of truly awful readings. I'm sure yours won't be added to that list. :)

aurarcana said:
I put my Tarot of the Silicon Dawn in order and really think I want to take some bites on my impressions of the cards and read the book, having the cards ready to view as I come across them there. It feels like such a special deck in my collection - very me.
Ah, another one for the Silicon Dawn fan club - welcome! :D Actually, I'm really surprised how many people say the Silicon Dawn touched them in a very special way. I don't think it's hype only because the comments feel different from the usual gushing ones... At any rate: enjoy your time with the deck, no matter how you approach it first!

BodhiSeed

In between storms, so I thought I'd post my decks for this week:
Bohemian Gothic (2nd edition) paired with the Oracle of Shadows and Light

Asbestos Mango

I probably won't be doing a reading with the Rosetta today, because I haven't been feeling well and I'm tired. I did spend some quality time with it looking at the cards while I read the LWB.

I had wanted to read the Book of Seshet before I started reading with the Rosetta, but I'm a bit backed up on my reading and realized I wouldn't finish it in time to start reading with it. Still, I think I'm acquainted enough with the Thoth system from reading DuQuette that I'm comfortable reading with the Rosetta, plush I'm in the study group, so plenty of time to read it.

I really love the imagery of this deck. It just kind of says "howdy" to you.

Mi-Shell

Tarot of the Origins

Hi :) For me it will be the Tarot of the Origins for another week.
I want to put some more cards into the study group. I am working on a time- history line through the Paleolitic along the images of the deck. I have spread all the cards onto my carpet and sorted them in terms of where in chronological time they would fit according their imagery and now I have to type it all up and post it.....
Starting with all the Paleo-bling.....

It is crazzzy what one does, when there is no electricity, no phone, no road access and a howling storm outside......
:bugeyed:

DaisyDragonfly

Cat*, I've signed up on the reading exchange... unless you're arranged to read with Karmagoth already!

In which case...is there anybody who'd like to exchange with my Vampyres? They're not that bad... honest...!

Karmagoth

Cat*, I've signed up on the reading exchange... unless you're arranged to read with Karmagoth already!

In which case...is there anybody who'd like to exchange with my Vampyres? They're not that bad... honest...!

No, you two go ahead. I'm not quite there yet but it won't be long before I'm joining in, my confidence is growing day by day thanks to all you lovely people here

[[[[[everyone on this thread]]]]]

:) :) :)

DaisyDragonfly

:) Thanks, Karmagoth :) I look forward to reading with you at some stage soon :D

Cat*

I want to put some more cards into the study group. I am working on a time- history line through the Paleolitic along the images of the deck. I have spread all the cards onto my carpet and sorted them in terms of where in chronological time they would fit according their imagery and now I have to type it all up and post it.....

It is crazzzy what one does, when there is no electricity, no phone, no road access and a howling storm outside......
That sounds like a great way to spend your time - especially since now we all get to benefit from your knowledge (I assume Peter has also added some of his?)!

Eyebright

I've been reading your thoughts in the study forum on Tarot of the Origins Mi-Shell and have loved the information you have provided on paleolithic man. So I for one am thankful you are spending another week with the deck (even though I don't own it!). Hope you are safe and well protected from the storm :heart:

Chiska

Pagan Cats

Oh, dear! I am just not loving this deck so far. Yes, only been 2 days, but still! There is something about it that is not clicking with me. Normally, I am all over cat decks, but something about this is putting me off and I can't put my finger on it.

In the Kissatarot and Tarot of the Cat People, the cats are part of the card image and are essentially rendering comment in very catlike ways. They aren't doing anything that a normal cat wouldn't do.

In the Medieval Cats and Tarot of the White Cats, the cats have replaced humans in a traditional styled deck. There are some cat-related additions, but essentially they aren't acting like cats.

In the Bohemian Cats, the cats are in little costumes and are in human scenes, but...there is still an element of "cat."

Pagan Cats are cats in cat scenes that sometimes have prehensile tails or do other things cats can't do. This seems to be the problem - the cats are trying to be cats (like Kissatarot), but deviate from this by doing things no cat could do.

Did any of that make sense?? Should I just save it for my blog?? *sigh* I am disappointed in a cat deck - for the first time!!