OOAK Hand Drawn Lenormand Decks

JuniperPress

They're beautiful!

How are you pricing these decks?

Aster I'm still trying to figure out pricing ... it's one area I sort of suck at. I always tend to undervalue myself. I dont want to just give them away but I definitely don't want to price them too high so no one is interested.... this is tough for me:/

MissNine

Hi JuniperPress!
Just wanted to tell you the black/silver looks awesome! I bet the green will be awesome too, once you get the print on there. I like it simple and those colors seem to give the best contrast for silver to pop out. Nice! :thumbsup:

JuniperPress

Thank you MissNine:) I have a bunch of different golds as well and while they sometimes look like it gets 'lost' while looking directly at a card when they are spread down they really shine with brightness from the angle. Almost like it 'comes alive' which is kind of cool. I have various silvers too and some are more dullish than others but on dark backgrounds it almost looks white, until you spread them down and you see the shimmer. My whites, which I personally have a bit of an obsession with are nice too. They pop all on their own but I have to admit I'm loving the metallics right now. I just got some copper but in some testing it's pretty dark so I'll have to play some more with it.

Aster Breo

I really like the black, amethyst, and tropical blue. Beautiful contrast!

Do you expect to take color requests?

I do have to ask, though, is that an egg on the Child card?

JuniperPress

I really like the black, amethyst, and tropical blue. Beautiful contrast!

Do you expect to take color requests?

I do have to ask, though, is that an egg on the Child card?

Aster, do you mean a totally new deck colour request? If that is what you are asking, yes I could do that. Also, if there's any interest in a deck in progress I could try to accomodate colour requests for backing, etc.

And yes, it's an egg in a nest on the child card. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for child since I wasn't using people. I toyed with the idea of a seed sprouting as well but the egg I think looked better. If you have any other ideas for a child card, please let me know:)

DownUnderNZer

I do like the first one...Black/Silver. Black/Gold would be amazing!. Also, I liked the scatter of crystals on that one deck further down.

Cards look a bit heavy though and the only thing is the "design" stays the same on the ones you have displayed in different colors.

Change of titles and colors, but the same design.

Good work though so far! :thumbsup:

reall

OMG! THIS IS FANTASTIC!:))) my fav are black and sunny!:)) and that sparkling back are best!:)) I imagine that supersparkle over darkblue night sky!^^ so good!^^
btw your art is fantastic!:)) so you can skip drawing edges and just keep that on card insertion?:))

and you should open your blog or patreon or something so more people can hear about this!:)))) auction style sale would be best!:))

and now I wish to test this gold ink with my mini lenormand!:)) and see how it shuffle? does ink/sparkle stay on your finger?XD ;)))

so plz note my with supply list!^^ lolz ;))

JuniperPress

I do like the first one...Black/Silver. Black/Gold would be amazing!. Also, I liked the scatter of crystals on that one deck further down.

Cards look a bit heavy though and the only thing is the "design" stays the same on the ones you have displayed in different colors.

Change of titles and colors, but the same design.

Good work though so far! :thumbsup:

DONZ - They really aren't that heavy and they shuffle very nicely, at least to me. I'm not sure what you mean by the design stays the same - do you mean the borders? The border style is for continuity through the deck.

Or do you mean from deck to deck? Like totally new designs for each deck?

JuniperPress

OMG! THIS IS FANTASTIC!:))) my fav are black and sunny!:)) and that sparkling back are best!:)) I imagine that supersparkle over darkblue night sky!^^ so good!^^
btw your art is fantastic!:)) so you can skip drawing edges and just keep that on card insertion?:))

and you should open your blog or patreon or something so more people can hear about this!:)))) auction style sale would be best!:))

and now I wish to test this gold ink with my mini lenormand!:)) and see how it shuffle? does ink/sparkle stay on your finger?XD ;)))

so plz note my with supply list!^^ lolz ;))

hi reall:) What do you mean by skip drawing edges? Thanks for the auction style tip - just have to find a venue now for that. As for the ink and sparkles, on my decks - no they don't come off. I mean if really WANTED to, you could pry off the glitter chunks but otherwise they stay pretty well put. If you put a couple coats of sealer over the glitter it should be good but it's also good to do your own testing and fiddling about. It's the same with the inks. I really can't say because it varies from what pens or inks/brushes you use as well as the paper and sealers etc. There are a lot of variables. Even with my silver and gold pens, each one is different to how it reacts so I test them all in various ways. It's sort of fun playing around but it's also time consuming. I can't wait to see yours and see what you come up with!

And thanks so much for the comment on my art. They are just really simple line art but it's the simplicity of them that is nice for me and the easy readability.

DownUnderNZer

Designs to me are the images like for Scythe, Child, House etc.

The colors change not the actual designs themselves. :)