Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set--100 Years!

starlightexp

Queen of Pentacle

thantk you so much starlightexp

Starlightexp
Irt is so nice of you to share the pics. If one compare to the US games page en commemorative tarot, it seem that they did not pic the same deck. The color pixellisation is very different, and the drawing lines are sure clearer in your deck.

It is intersting to see the King of Cups with a green cape rather than yellow.

I hope that this is just à in-betwen pic that US games are showing for now... ant that a PamA duplicate will emerge from thi expected project.

Thank you for your time!

starlightexp

No prob, I'll post up the rest of the swords tomorrow so that everyone has a full suit that they can look through

The 78th Fool

These scans are fantastic! Thanks for posting them!

I may be wrong but looking at the scans on the US Games site, I think they are indeed taken from a Pam A but they've been scanned hastily at low resolution, thereby losing much of the detail you see in Starlightexpress's scans and also making the black lines look somewhat thicker. The Merchant's cape on the six of pentacles doesn't look as red on the US Games image but that kind of colour variation would have been normal bearing in that the cards were printed using the old fashioned lithography technique.

Chris. xx

Queen of Pentacle

Question if I may

Hi The 78th Fool (and others)

Excuse me for asking, but how can you tell that the commemorative is from the Pam A deck? Sure I really expect it will be (let cross fingers), but from the (blurry) scans from US game site, I am not so sure.

Texture in the background seem very different.

Sure, I am not a connaisor, but my part, I was thinking it was simply a less muted less greengreyish Orignal tarot deck.

starlightexp

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't really tell by the pics on the site

Queen of Pentacle

...And tomorrow, we will have the pam A sword suit to look at, thanks to you.

starlightexp

Here are a few more majors:

The Magician
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/starlightexp/1TheMagicianMaster.jpg
The High Priestess
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/starlightexp/2TheHighPriestessMaster.jpg
The Hermit
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/starlightexp/9TheHermitMaster.jpg

and an early look at the swords here is the 2:
(I've done my cleaning job on this card to correct any printing issues like color bleeding and such)

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/starlightexp/Swords2cleaned.jpg

The 78th Fool

Queen of Pentacle said:
Hi The 78th Fool (and others)

Excuse me for asking, but how can you tell that the commemorative is from the Pam A deck? Sure I really expect it will be (let cross fingers), but from the (blurry) scans from US game site, I am not so sure.

Texture in the background seem very different.

Sure, I am not a connaisor, but my part, I was thinking it was simply a less muted less greengreyish Orignal tarot deck.

If you look at the Emperor's face on the image on the US Games site, it's mainly orange with the nose area in yellow. the Pam A has the emperor's face printed with red and yellow cross hatching which gives it an orange cast. On the Pam B however, the face is a more uniform flesh tone. If you compare the lettering at the bottom of the cards from the A and the B there are minute differences too. The lettering on the B is slightly neater and the last R has a more curved downstroke on the B. The calligraphy on this scan suggests that the card is taken from a Pam A.

There are other small differences too. On the Pam B, the Emperor has yellow and red gems in his crown. The scan on the site shows him with white and red gems in his crown, like on the Pam A. The white highlight on his right knee runs horizontal on the Site scan whereas it runs vertical on the Pam B.

It's a pity US Games didn't post sample images of the King of Pents, Death or the Wheel of Fortune. they are the ones with the huge telltale differences.

Chris. xx

Queen of Pentacle

positive answer.

That's what I call a positive answer.

The only card I could have cues, would have been the Sun with the curved beam close to the the XIX and the "Love" beneath the signature.

Now I can expect a real Pam A reproduction, sure it is not deneabling!

Thanks for taking the time for sharing, 78th Fool!